News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Battery dead from rain

Started by ArchRider, August 10, 2019, 05:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockleyBoy

No, stator should come out fine with your hands if you give it a firm pull.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Timbox2

Its the Rotor you need a puller for, not the stator. A tip for putting it back is to get some long threaded bar same thread as the stator cover bolts, 3 lengths about 6" long, wrap the exposed thread with plastic tape and screw them in lightly to the case at equal intervals, this makes it a lot easier to line the cover up and keeps the gasket in place when your fighting with the magnet pull, then just replace with the normal bolts once its home.

Oh yeah, the mandrel is for the Rotary Breather seal. New seals come with a plastic mandrel in them to keep the shape. If your motor starts burning a lot of oil thats the first thing to look at
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Just done stator and regrec on my Blackbird. The, Electrex world one's lasted 12 years, twice as long as the original Honda ones.
Elextrexworld still do the best fault finding procedure around. Their late model MOSFET reg rec now connects direct to the battery to remove any weakness in the bike loom. Pretty much the "Stretch" mod tbh. It also comes with a plate to mount it with the airflow going through the fins instead of 90 deg to it and there's a video showing how to solder as well as crimp the connectors. It's almost as if they read our posts😂😂😂
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

ArchRider

I sucked it up and realized that this was going to take far longer than I wanted, especially when I don't have a garage in which to work.  So, I supported my local Euro bike repair shop and had him do it.  He also installed the Sasquatch mod while he was replacing the R/R and the stator.  Runs like a top now.  I hope to be able to run this Girly until she's completely worn out now.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: ArchRider on May 15, 2021, 06:12:49 PM
  So, I supported my local Euro bike repair shop and had him do it.  ................... I hope to be able to run this Girly until she's completely worn out now.

:thumbsup good man.

My Steamer will probably still be going when I'm not, OK I'm not riding a lot before anyone chips in  :blah
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint