News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ABS used for real, 1st time. Impressed.

Started by London_Phil, July 15, 2019, 08:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

London_Phil

800XC less than 1 min from home.
1 x Prius type car, almost certainly Uber/Taxi type.
Clear in front of me, but line of cars coming the other way.
Prius pulls out from R/H side road  after last car passes on the oncoming, turning into my side/direction.
I Panic pull on the brakes, and felt the brakes pulsing.
Bike slows down rapidly, with no drama, Prius sees me and brakes hard.
Got to admit its an option I like..

Bastards.....

Nick Calne

It's great. You are still here. What's not to like?

The abs on tigers works well off road too.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Tiger-G

Bloody Prius !! That's what happens when you start running cars on batteries instead of good raw fuel !!  :icon_wink:

Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

London_Phil

Yeah, it's not bastard's to Triumph, it's bastard's to the miriad of self employed taxi drivers, who's interpretation of the highway code is interesting, to say the least. I actually had a Prius for 6 months as a company car. I'm not kidding, I've had people try to get into my car just assuming I'm a Taxi of some sort. I've been in a queue of more than 7 Priui just travelling between Harrow and Wembley....sooo many poor drivers around here.