News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly Shindengen SH775 vs Shindengen SH847

Started by Flapalo, April 11, 2020, 05:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flapalo

Please forgive me,
I am not english native speaker so searching forum is a bit of hassle for me!
I live in country where money makes difference, not like rest of the world, but few hundreds does make huge difference.
I have tiger 2004. 955i  and usual problem withe burned stator. I want to upgrade RR from stock to Shindengen series RR, BUT!
New Shindengen SH847 is monthly income in my country and I am looking for something close to that, like Shindengen SH775!
I just have question will it do the job like newer Shindengen SH847?
Shindengen SH775 is US $80, and Shindengen SH847 is US $200, so, you see what I mean?
I am ready to do Sasquatch mod, but first  need series RR!
Please, can I use older Shindengen SH775 to save my coil, and to live happily ever after?

London_Phil

As I understand it, and I have been looking at this for the 800xc, the basic difference is the 775 is 30A, but has a known issue at high revs, where as the 847 is 50A with no rev issue.

I would say that unless you are revving the nuts out of your tiger, whilst running your output at full, the 775 should be fine, but I don't have a Girly, so please check with others, as I may be wrong..

Flapalo

Well,
that is what I have found out, but my tiger is not racing bike, I rarely go above 7K!
Please, someone who really knows what is an issue, I do have a lot of questions! I have found that there is yet another company, Tourmax  which produces good RR for bikes with same problems! They also produce stator coils! But, I am from country where we fix almost anything, and I have fixed stator coil once before, and I am ready to do winding again, but it is issue with RR, that is why stator burns!
Please, experience is what I seek for!

Ossian

Flapalo

Well,
thank you, I have read that post, like 6 months ago, when my stator died on me first time! I wanted to go with SH847, but it is way to much money for me, and form my Tiger, also for my driving style.
I will go with SH775 for US $80, and Link Lead, Regulator Part Number: T2500676, and, of course I will go with Sasquatch MOD!
As soon as  get parts I will try to document it all for any further needs of Girly lovers!

Stay safe!

atokad

Well I did Rick's stator 2 years (3k miles) ago and had a charging problem again this week.  Time for the stock RR to go, got the SH847.  Suppose i could've saved a few $$ with the 775, but I don't want any more charging issues.  I do flog the Tiger a bit up to 9k on occasion and just figure the extra $$$ was well spent now to be done with charging issues, I hope.

DAM that is a tight fit (stock location like VaBird posted) with the large gauge wiring that came with the plug kit from Jack.  Took me awhile to get it all tucked away, connected and soldered.  Fingers crossed I am good for the next 100k miles!

Flapalo

That is great, I am still waiting for SH 775 from USA, and will do Sasquatch MOD as soon as RR arrives.
I do get my Tiger over 7K sometimes but not so often, and rarely with full load of electricity.
I am having trouble finding good wires, but eventually will do!
I will have some photos of job!

Timbox2

Quote from: Flapalo on May 26, 2020, 03:24:02 PM
That is great, I am still waiting for SH 775 from USA, and will do Sasquatch MOD as soon as RR arrives.
I do get my Tiger over 7K sometimes but not so often, and rarely with full load of electricity.
I am having trouble finding good wires, but eventually will do!
I will have some photos of job!

Going on myselfs and others experience of the Global Postal system at the moment, your reg/rec will probably do a world tour before it gets to you :icon_lol:
2016 Tiger Sport