News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Geneva Creek, CO

Started by BigDave, August 03, 2005, 11:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDave

Last weekend was our 2nd weekend in a row that the kid and I got to go out on the bike for a weekend.  We went up highway 285 to Grant then North towards Guanella Pass.  We stayed in Geneva Creek campground as there was a fire ban along the creek in the rustic camping areas.

Just another pretty day in Colorado's high country!

Camp all setup.

After a nap during an afternoon rainstorm, we ventured down the creek to make us some hotdog/marshmallow sticks and play a bit in the freezing cold water.

This is where Ashton asked if we could stay an additional night.

We both got our feet wet in the creek but only for a couple minutes as the water was VERY cold.

That night we spent plenty of time just talking about stuff around the fire andd looking at the stars.

So on Sunday we were going to leave the gear at camp & take the GS up as far as we could go to the Geneva Basin area.  I knew it was going to be rough as I went up part way by myself the year before.  A fellow camper named Todd was interested in my adventure as I told him that I had some doubts that I was going to be able to make it up there 2 up.  He insisted on us taking his new Yamaha 660 Grizzly Quad.  So, BigDave transformed into BigQuadDave :lol:  and we headed up the trail.  

From here we watched 3 small dirt bikes struggle to the top where a mine site is located.  I really didn't think we were going to try it. :nah

The Quad just crawled up the hill like it was nothing.

Ashton wanted to hike up to the mine from where we ended up stopping.

Ashton yelled out, "I am King of the World!"

Going down the trail became the creek.  

Then there was the shelves.

Then it was back to camp to give back the quad. Thanks Todd!! :freaky

We got back just in time to run into the tent to get out of the rain and take a little nap before packing up & heading for home.

GatorTiger

Can't wait to take my boys out like that! It is so much fun! Problem for me is: which one when (I have 2-10-year-olds)... We shall see...

Thanks for the report, Dave!!
Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

BykBoy

Quote from: "BigDave"

First you give up the Tiger, then you give up the GS, what's next? a, gulp, Pickup truck? Why don't you just get an air conditioned SUVs with lether seats and these big 22 inch  chrome rims and get it over with... And what happend to ATGATT?  #-o  [-X  :-k  [-(
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

Dick Boyer

Great pics and report. Gee, Colorado is almost as nice as B.C.

Sasquatch

Excellent report Dave!  Missed you in Idaho City.  Could have brought your son.  A few people rode double up.

BigDave

Quote from: "BykBoy"

First you give up the Tiger, then you give up the GS, what's next? a, gulp, Pickup truck? Why don't you just get an air conditioned SUVs with lether seats and these big 22 inch  chrome rims and get it over with... And what happend to ATGATT?  #-o  [-X  :-k  [-(

Earth to BykBoy, read the post again.  I didnt sell the GS for a quad.  A nice fella at the campground let me borrow it...

Mudhen

Ya, and you don't look very big to me!

:lol:
\'96 Steamer

Mudhen

And congratulations on the front page...Chef Dave...

\'96 Steamer

BykBoy

Quote from: "BigDave"Earth to BykBoy, read the post again.  I didnt sell the GS for a quad.  A nice fella at the campground let me borrow it...

Yah, yah, I saw what you wrote...  [-(  That's how it starts. You get used to the comfort and accessability of the quad... The wife sees the crack in the motorcycle armor and start to give you the "That quad looks much safer then that big expensive BMW :-({|= " speach. Before you know it you break down and buy a used one form a friend that's mooving or something... "It was a great deal" you tell us all :roll: . You become a regular ont the 4X4 boards. Then you get that pick-up to carry it to the trail head... It's all down hill from here man! Don't do it man!  [-X

We need guys like you and Sasquash to remind us city folk what these bikes can really do!  :D/  :twisted:
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

BigDave

Quote from: "Mudhen"And congratulations on the front page...Chef Dave...

Well thats at least one thing you can do on a GS that you can't on a Tiger. :lol:

BigDave

Quote from: "BigDave"Earth to BykBoy, read the post again.  I didnt sell the GS for a quad.  A nice fella at the campground let me borrow it...

Yah, yah, I saw what you wrote...  [-(  That's how it starts. You get used to the comfort and accessability of the quad... The wife sees the crack in the motorcycle armor and start to give you the "That quad looks much safer then that big expensive BMW :-({|= " speach. Before you know it you break down and buy a used one form a friend that's mooving or something... "It was a great deal" you tell us all :roll: . You become a regular ont the 4X4 boards. Then you get that pick-up to carry it to the trail head... It's all down hill from here man! Don't do it man!  [-X

We need guys like you and Sasquash to remind us city folk what these bikes can really do!  :D/  :twisted:

It was way more fun than I expected. The quad had all 4 independant suspension. Any idiot could take the thing anywhere.  I dont think you will see me get into them anytime soon and probably never.  Sure was fun last Sunday though!!