News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Short ride videos

Started by Mudhen, August 24, 2005, 03:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

Took a short ride on Sunday, and while we didn't get many pics, one guy did take a short video of the Tiger.  Not much to see...but I love these Yosh cans!

It was a totally nasty section of trail...a really loose dirt downhill 'S', across a rickety bridge, then another steep 'S' on the other side.  Last year it took three people to get each GS up the hill...this year both the GSs needed help, but the Tiger made it all the way!  This thing rawks!

Now...try to laugh WITH me, not directly at me...I'm probably more Jerry Lewis than Jimmy   :lol:

Sunday 8/21/05

And while I'm beating my head against the wall figuring this video thing out and upgrading my smugmug account I may as well put up the ones from Memorial Day, too...it was a little muddy so I had a lot of close calls...

Memorial Day 1

Memorial Day 2

Memorial Day 3

Ya...not much to see there...I sort of wish I fell or something to make it more interesting!!!

Memorial Day 4

Hope those work!!!

Pat
\'96 Steamer

davensocal

Nice videos.

You are a nut job.

:?

spanky

That was COOL!!!

I'd like to see more video's from all.
Happy trails to you

Honda Magna, Yamaha SR 600 thumper, and impatiently Waiting for delivery of My 2006 Caspian blue Cat..

BykBoy

Who said "Tigers can't swim"?

What were the other guys riding?
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

Mudhen

Quote from: "BykBoy"Who said "Tigers can't swim"?

What were the other guys riding?

The Memorial Day ride had 3 GSs, a Dakar, and me.  My pics were/are here: http://www.triumph-tiger.com/phpbb2/vie ... php?t=1360

Here's a video of one of the GSs:

GS Adventure

This past weekend was a KTM 640 (used to be an airhead GS), DR650 (used to be a GS Adventure), and 2 GSs.  We used to be all GSs...one by one we're slowly figuring it out...

KTM640

End of the DRs climb
\'96 Steamer

Dick Boyer

Good stuff. You got bigger cajones than me taking a Tiger through that.

Mudhen

Quote from: "Dick Boyer"Good stuff. You got bigger cajones than me taking a Tiger through that.

All you need to do is get a much bigger, heavier bike first....then when you get on one of these little things you'll think you're invincible!

I look at what the GS guys struggle with and I remember what it was like...sometimes I actually feel bad.  Then I twist my right hand and feel better   :lol:
\'96 Steamer

Speed3guy

Great Videos!  I'm inspired!

Mudhen

Took this video this morning.  Damn...I wish just once I could get a video of myself riding through some water where it doesn't look like I'm a complete newbie!!  (which I am, of course).

The point where I almost dumped it was a 2" thick birch log...which bent my brake lever straight out.  After kicking it in, though, it sits at a much better place than it did before (bent inwards from a ride in November).

The water was just below the seat at the deepest point.

http://mudhen.smugmug.com/photos/71981456-O.mpg

Here's my buddy on his DR650.  He got stumped, too...whew!

http://mudhen.smugmug.com/photos/71981490-O.mpg

The changes I made to the bike over the winter totally transformed it.  The 53 tooth rear sprocket and the revalved/resprung front and rear suspensions are AWESOME.  Plus the 53 tooth sprocket lowers the bike some...so I can get my feet down better...
\'96 Steamer