News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Coopers Creek in GA on a Tiger

Started by tigerrider, August 04, 2007, 05:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerrider

Well, after waiting so long for the money to get her legs straightened out, I was finally able to the the Tiger for a return trip up to TWO, Dales and a decent run thru Coopers Creek WLM. I really had some fun. Also got to borrow a set of those ER-6 headphones...what a diff on any trip!

I had to stop at the Overlook since it has been so long since I have seen it. There was a guy on a horse just sitting there too.

Tigger has been my co-pilot for some time. He's help up well over the years.

A sidelong shot of the red wall at TWO. Met a few GS guys and a Stromer rider. Also a guy with a Thruxton unlike any I have seen...amazing. Should have gotten a pic.

About to head into it...

These are shots outside my favorite campsite in GA so far. First time at that spot for me was over 12 years ago. Anytime I go into Coopers I stop and check it out.

tigerrider

Had a decent uphill section after the old campsite

It shoots off into an old cemetary (est. 1900)

walked out to check out the downhill section. Across from the cemetary road, this meadow really caught my eye.

The ants were making lunch out of this guy. The downhill section in better state than I have eve seen before and really wanted to run down to the creek crossing..but going solo, I thought it best to go back and run down the main FR.

This is my first "Dan Style" pic. Sincerest form of flattery man. ;)
Hoping my Airoh S4 gets here SOON!!!

Tempting! ...but maybe for the DRZ...

Even got some video of the bike going down the fireroad.

The Corbin saddle is just a little hard and wide though for this and the stock saddle is too soft for highway work. The Tourances got excellent traction in the rocks ..from pea gravel to the crushed rock. In deeper pea gravel, the front would move a bit, but that turned out to be the only issue we had in there. That trip up was a little tense...but coming out of Coopers, and even the run down the mountain, I was MUCH more relaxed and familiar. I am trying to get a group of GA Tiger guys up there next month.....should be fun. :D