News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Advrider Smashing Pumpkins Rally

Started by Mudhen, November 08, 2005, 08:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

Hey GatorTiger....

Don't know what's going on....  I *swear*, I'm only hitting the Submit button once... but I'm getting these multiple posts!

Mudhen:  Rode my bike *twice* in the last week... unbelievable!  But, it's working fine and all seems good.  Yes, my headlights do turn off when I hit the starter button but then come back on immediately.

Brendan

'98 BRG Tiger[/quote]

Mudhen

TWICE?????

Slow down, you're wrecking that thing! :lol:

I had the single worst day off roading ever on Sunday.  In 2 hours, I dropped the Tigger 6 times that I remember - broke two more blinkers, bent both handguards, gouged the motor (again) and the swingarm, bent the brake pedal...and had the joy of push starting it once...

The last couple drops happened when the handguard locked the front brake.  Then on the way home the rear brake stuck on.  I pulled over and there was smoke...and brake fluid boiling out of the bleeder.  We were able to bend the pedal out some and I didn't touch it the rest of the ride home.

I purposefully went to that area because we used to avoid it like the plague with our GSs but the Tiger is so much better I thought I could handle it.  RoadLessTravelled on the DR650 had no freakin' issues.

The only good pic I have is one of him on the first nasty hill - which is actually the go-around for an even bigger and nastier hill - where I tanked it the first time.  Fell on the right side so hard the left handguard popped out of the handlebars...

Here's R.L.T. coming up the hill.  When I came up it, I hit the big rock at the lower right of the pic - popped me to the left of the trail and my front wheel dropped over the edge...it took both of us to drag it back up - that would have been a heck of a ride...

Went to the Honda dealer at lunch.  They have a left over XR650R...it's calling my name...
\'96 Steamer

Patrick

Pat, fantastic ride report you did there. I love those pics. Keep on posting them!

Have fun!

Patrick

BigDave

BRAVO!

Looked like, "lets tear up our big ass bikes day"   :lol:

I might have to get me one of these 05 640 Adv.... :twisted:

Mudhen

Quote from: "BigDave"BRAVO!

I might have to get me one of these 05 640 Adv.... :twisted:

I agree.  But I'd love to get a TE610, too:

I just don't have a local dealer and am not sure how much adventure gear it could hold.  The 640 is proven...and the 6gal tank is awesome compared to the 3.7 on the Husky...
\'96 Steamer