News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Elefant Rally, Bavaria

Started by greg, November 23, 2005, 12:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

27-29 Jan 06, I have booked a ticket already for the crossing. Have a look at this link, the story of a journey to the 04 event.

http//zeltus.maisonfamille.com/elefant/en/history.html

Sounds good, looking forward to it.
2004 Girly.

wonko the sane

The world is a book, and those who don\'t travel, read only a page.

St. Augustine

wonko the sane

GREAT report!

There are captions on the photos (click photo to enlarge) that expand on the narrative.

Again, GREAT report!

St. Augustine

Mudhen

That looks absolutely c-r-a-z-y!!!!!

:smt038
\'96 Steamer

greg

Yes, it does seem a bit mad. Cheating a bit myself as I am not taking the Tiger (Would hate to see it sliding off down the road without me), I am taking my Thunderbird outfit with my 11 year old son as ballast. Will do a ride report on my return.
2004 Girly.

greg

p.s. Thanks Wonko for putting a working link in!
2004 Girly.

wonko the sane

Pleased to be of service. :wink:

St. Augustine

Mudhen

You must be getting ready to head out, Greg????

How about some pics of the Thunderbird loaded up?

Good luck.
\'96 Steamer

greg

Leaving  next Tuesday the 24th, will post before after and during pics. Apparently getting a tad nippy across there. Special T-Shirts have been printed showing a map of UK and Europe, with arrows pointing from various UK ports towards Bavaria, with the wording underneath 'Don't tell them your name Pike'. Which probably means nothing to you unless you are familiar with 'Dads Army'.
2004 Girly.

greg

Well, back a week now and what an amazing experience that was. Unbelievably cold camping with around 5,000 other nutters. The whole thing was like the  Mad Max 2 film, the one with Tina Turner, in that the site resembled Bartertown, but on ice!

Will get my act together sooner or later with photos.

I highly recommend this event if you can make it, I will be making it an annual thing, will post details November if anyone feels up for joining in.

Met the guy who wrote the account in the link above, he is doing another one for this year after he gets back from a months holiday in Spain (To get over the Elefant).
2004 Girly.

Mudhen

\'96 Steamer

Mudhen

:lurk

:postpics

:lurk
\'96 Steamer

Mudhen

\'96 Steamer