News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Riding in the rain

Started by apache, November 29, 2005, 11:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apache

Besides an application of Rain-X on the face shield does anyone have any creative ideas for seeing where the hell ones goin when its raining? I use a full face CL-10. I kinda like rain riding just cant see for diddly. Used to ba a finger mounted squeege avaliable somewhere? Any ideas or?

Patrick the Scot

Ride faster and lay down on the tank bag.  It will be nice and cozy down there behind the windscreen.  You might even get a little heat off the motor.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

apache

Not to mention it lots quiter, only thing is between the poor optics and scratches on the windscreen and the rain on my shield its impossible for me to see anything. Not to mention Im half blind :roll:  Its hell gettin old :oops:

Aussie Tiger

Rain-X is about the best you can do.  I also use the Rain-X anti-fog treatment on the inside of the visor. Together they work a treat!  It's funny how big fat rain runs off the visor quicker than light misty rain or spray thrown up by other vehicles.  As a result you tend to see more the heavier the rain. (well, at least, that's what i've found!)  

There are some gloves available that have a squeege built into one or both of the fingers such as Dririder's Highlander http://www.dririder.com.au/products.asp?menu=55&main=HIGHLANDER However, I usually just use the back of my glove which, combined with the Rain-x, seems to work quite well.
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Never regret growing old...Its a privilege not afforded to many!

NortonCharlie

You can get thumb squeegees from Aerostich Riders warehouse

http://www.aerostich.com

They come in a 3 pack but look over their websight and find all the little sh$t you want and order it all at once, there is a minimum shipping charge.  I got a little sheild cleaner spray bottle with a squeegee and sponge.  Works great.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

thylacine

Turn head slightly to side occasionally. Wind becomes  'wiper'.

Chris Canning

Use a Bob Heath Visors V Wipe which goes over the finger of your glove acts the same as a windscreen wiper.

apache

Thanks everyone, the wiper gizmo`s otta do the trick. Just couldent remember where to find them.

chocorello

NEVER EVER USE ANYTHING ELSE THAN WATER ON YOUR HELMETS FACE SHIELD.

All water repellents are chemical products not approved by helmet manufacturers.

No one can guarantee that the shield will deflect a stone or a bug instead of breaking.

Do not use chemicals on your face shields. That's a safety rule.

Arai for example tests (at least they claim to do so...) their shields by shooting small balls of 5mm diameter with a speed og almost 500km/hour.

Thats propably the speed a small rock from the tyre of a car on the oposite lane when a fast  SS rider hits. A bug will usually hit our shields faster than 140km/h.

I wouldn't take the risk......

Use the finger wiper instead...

Regards,

Michael.
Share the road