News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Advice and tips

Started by MARKC, December 26, 2005, 06:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MARKC

Planning a 2/3 month trip of Europe. I'm in the early stages of planning but I want to visit every country. Perhaps capital to capital.

I have driven in France,Holland,Belgium,Italy and Switzerland.

Need advice on Austria,Germany,Scandenevia,Baltic states,Czech Republic,Lichenstein,Luxemberg,Croatia,Sicily,Poland,Spain.

E.G Do you still need a £1000 bail bond for Spain.? Do Austria charge a road toll like Switzerland.?

Any help would be appreciated. :D

I'm going on a 2000 885i. The only mods will be a center stand (fitted).Uprated fork springs,headlights and a extra tooth on the gearbox sprocket.The bike will have had the 12000 mile service (ouch) before the off.Luggage will be Givi top box,Baglux tank cover and bag and Oxford humpback panniers (and a rucksack)

Bob Burnett

I guess a Scot oiler or similar would be a good idea.

Not real sure about the Oxford panniers my choice would be something a little more secure to prevent the oppertunist theif.

Bob
2006 Black Tiger

Bling Bling If it\'s Stainless Steel Polish it, If it,s not then replace it

MARKC

Thanks for the help.

Bob, I have a touring scottoiler.

I agree with you about the luggage.......but Triumph hard cases cost £600,Givi hard luggage gets a bit of a slating by people who have used it on long trips (Horizonsunlimited.com).Both Givi and Triumph luggage wont take much abuse (not that I'm intending to fall off that often if at all). Touratech luggage is built for the job and is cheaper than Triumph.But Touratech tell me that they do not have pannier racks to fit the tiger 900i. Metal Mule also tell me that they do not stock pannier rails for their alu boxes that will fit the 900i Tiger. When I take the bike in for the 12,000 mile service I will compare the back frame with the 955 as they all do luggage and fitting kits for them and see if a bit of 'creative fitting' will do.

I'll put another post out to see if anyone has fitted anything other than Triumph hard luggage.