News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Position of Fort Tubes

Started by ArizonaKid, January 13, 2006, 04:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaKid

Would someone (with a manual) tell me where the fork tubes are supposed to be positioned in the triple clamps?  I've seen several Tigers with from 1/2" to 1" of fork tube showing above the triple clamp, and when I bought my 2002 used a couple years ago it had about 3/4" showing.  When I had the 12K service done at the dealer the tech said they should be flush, so I had him make the adjustment.  I'm assuming the Triumph Tech knows what he's talking about, but just thought I'd check.
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger

guydan

He's correct...

Top of the tube should be flush with the top of the clamp.  The only part above the clamp edge is  the cap.
Cheers,

Doug

Foxy

It should be flush, but many people do drop the yokes to improve the steering speed

jp4evr

Proper geometry is flush, but like everyone else has said, it's about steering speed, but also ride height if you have lowered the rear as well.
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

bretzg

I put a new Wilbers rear shock on my 2005 that is 1.5 inches lower and so the dealership pulled the front forks up 1.25 inches and the change in the way the bike handles and rides is great.
gary b

whoa

If you rotated the conentrics, then lower the front.