News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

06 tigers

Started by apache, January 22, 2006, 03:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apache

I headed out for a nice 250 mile ride thursday and stumbled on  a triumph dealer with a black 06 Tiger. Sure was nice, not sure about cast wheels smackin into things as I do so well but otherwise very cool.

Im sure some of you have an 06, what changes are in place from earlier FI bikes. BTW the price was 12K plus fees. Is this about right?

toddtruby

MSRP is $10,490.  According to my dealer this includes freight and set up.

Quote from: "apache"Im sure some of you have an 06, what changes are in place from earlier FI bikes.

The differences between '05 & '06 is that the '06 has the 1050 (new models) crank cases and internals i.e. gearbox and backlash eliminator gears on the primary drive. The other bits are the routing of the coolant hoses to make the engine cleaner to look at.

The rest of the bike is the same.

wasions

I don't know about UK bikes, but I just purchased a (black) '06 Tiger 955i.  1050 isn't available in the States.

Also OTD price including top box with pad, centerstand, hot grips, front fender flap, and 6% sales tax was $11,530.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

tcowjww

Hi Steve,

A 1050 Tiger isn't available in the UK either  8)

But all 06MY Tigers apparently have the crankcases and gearbox internals from the 1050cc motor, although the displacement is still 955cc.

HTH,

Tim.

PS - Congratulations on your new purchase!!  :D

Chris Canning

You can tell the 06 by looking at the casting on the barrel block,the water out let on earlier ones are on the side,the 06 is round the corner on the back of the motor.

bosun

06 also has stiffer forks.

having only ever ridden my 06, i can't tell you how much stiffer & wether it makes much difference.

paid £6995 for mine, with heated grips, c/stand & panniers as standard :D

Flyer

Here in the US, only the case (Panniers) are standard.   The heated grips are around $200 plus labor to install and the centerstand is around $150 plus labor.  No fair!!

TigerTrax

$12 grand...... take a hike!  

As for heated grips.... the bike is already wired for them......

$200 is LIST .... you should be able to buy at a discount.

Centerstand.... I'll get one ....

New 'Riders of the Lost Empire' CAN  .... on the way....

very narly!

See me at the Tiger ride-In ..... Hiawassee, GA   June 8-10 2006
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

wasions

Quote from: "tcowjww"A 1050 Tiger isn't available in the UK either  8)

But all 06MY Tigers apparently have the crankcases and gearbox internals from the 1050cc motor, although the displacement is still 955cc.

I had my bike in the shop for service today and they offered a Sprint 1050 with bags and ABS as a loaner.  After riding it for awhile, I'm not convinced that the gearbox internals are the same as my Tiger.  That Sprint was extremely smooth.  When I first put it into gear, I had to stab it again to be sure it had gone.  There was zero 'clunk' or 'lurch' as my '06 has always had.  Shifts up and down were, if not more precise, at least way more refined.  All in all, I had a pretty good day.   8)

But after putting 30 miles or so on that backbreaker, I sure was glad I bought a Tiger!
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

Aussie Tiger

As has been stated, the 06 only has the covers etc. from the 1050 engine, it is still only 955.  You'll have to wait for the 07 Tiger to arrive for the 1050 engine. As far as the smooth gear changes are concerned, mine sometimes goes into gear like silk and other times with quite a clonk! However, don't forget that the gear ratios are different in the Sprint, this may be a contributing factor.
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Never regret growing old...Its a privilege not afforded to many!