News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Introduce Yourself!

Started by BigDave, October 04, 2003, 08:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XPADREX

Greetings as well! On one hand, I'm truly just here to keep the Toad in line- between he and wvmxman, there's bound to be loads of trouble!

I am currently a rider and owner of different bikes- but in a quest for a "trailie", I had narrowed my choices to (narrowed? riiight):

VSTROM

Multistrada

Tiger

Caponord

Now, here's the funny thing- I actually HADN'T included the Tiger- but wjen I went to ride the Ducati, it wasn't prepped- and I figured "what the heck". They had an '02 Black demo with about 110 miles on it. It now has 250 miles on it (whoops!), I haven't bought it yet, but I fear it is imminent- there are items on it I wish it had- like hrdraulic, adjustable clutch- but then I get to thinking- "Hey, you can replace a cable in the boonies if snagged or wrecked", and I am fine.

I took the Tiger over to another dealer to ride a VSTROM (crafty, aren't I?). It was a competent street motorcycle- comfortable too, with lots of nice features for the money. It even had tubeless tires- but alas, when I got back on that Tiger, it already felt like "my" bike! WTF??

I rode back to the Triumph dealer (who is waiting on a key to the Caponord), and as I did- it began to get dark. I noticed that for me the guages on the Tiger are useless (blue on white) in the dark- but I'm already thinking "who cares, it's character!"

The only thing holding me back is:

I originally wanted (looking at pics) an Orange Tiger. I see some shop 500 miles from me is offering 2003 Orange for $8,499. I'm not sure if this is true (what, a scam lowball price on cycletrader?!?!?!)- but the black one I rode is going to be offered to me at $8,000, and I know that will be true.

The black is growing on me, though--- drat. Tough call. Any advice would be appreciated!!

fxrs89

I have had BMW GS's Yamaha XT's and DT's and even own a Harley, but I love my Yellow 2000 Tiger!  Thanks for a great site to share the love.

Would love to meet other tigers and ride.  Only 97 miles to Death Valley from my front door!

Ron- Ridgecrest, Ca

2000 Yellow Tiger

1989 FXRS Lowrider

1984 GL1200 Aspencade

1982 IT 465J Yamaha

1981 XT 500H

1977 TT 500 (project)

1978 Kawasaki KE 175

1971 R75/5 with Sidecar

1973 US90 (early ATC90)

1971 Mini trail 50 (project)
Time flies like an arrow-

But fruit flies like a banana...

TigerTrax

Fx:  I'd love the Death Valley thing and plan to do it... but first Alaska in

XpareX: FYI ... those blue lights are easy to switch out to any other color you may not like or like! I smell a new Tiger in Ohio!  Come visit us at the Tiger Ride-In ... Watch for details SOOOOON!  We are looking for 50 Tigers!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Taiger885

Hem... :oops:

Hi!

I'm Chris "Taiger885"

I'm on a Blue Tiger 885i from 2000 with 70 000 km.

I'm from Alsace in France.

TbA

I am TorbjÀÜrn Andersson (TbA) from Sweden. Have been riding motorcycles sins 1979. Had a lot of sportbikes (and a XT500). I was looking for an adventure bike so I tested the BMW GS1150 Adventure but found out that the Tiger suits me better. I have a black 955i -02.
MCK Wheelers

Falun

Sweden

Brock

Hi all...my name's Chris and I live in sunny (not at the moment) Shropshire, UK. I've posted before (I'm the sinner).  I ended up with a Tigger 'cos I was sooooo bored with "normal" bikes. Tried all the competition but there was (still is) only one big trailie that did it for me.

I love riding this bike so much I just can't keep off it! The wife thinks I have another woman. Maybe I have...
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Brock

D'oh...forgot to mention...bike's a 2001 in black, with panniers, grips, alarm, driving lamps, beglux tank bag and cover. Love it!

Chris
Chris

jeep4x4adam

Hey,

I'm Newnan, GA, about 5 miles from Triumph NA's office.  

I'm not a full fleged member of the Tiger fraternity yet, but I should be soon enough.

I currently have an '04 Triumph Daytona 600 that I bought last June because thats what I "thought" I wanted.  I didn't even look at anything else.  All of my riding buddys that I grew up with banging handlebars on our dirtbikes started getting sportbikes.  I love the bike and it does everything you could ask of a 600 supersport, but I need something different.  I need the freedom of not being asphalt bound when I ride.

I've been eyeing an '02 Tiger for a few months now.  It's sitting at my dealer, brand new (zero miles, never been prepped).  The 2 year warranty won't be activated until the papers are signed.  They are asking $8700 USD for it, but I can probably ride it away for less.  If I sell my bike in the next few weeks/months, I'll probably be riding it by the spring.  Is there anything that I should look out for?  Does this price seem fair, or am I wanting it too bad?

Thanks,

Adam

Brock

Adam...all you need to do is get a demo ride on one (and make it a LONG demo ride). If you fall in love like a teenager you'll have to have it. But remember...these things are not like any other bike you've ever ridden.

As far as the price goes it will probably boil down to the cash difference between the 'tona and the Tigger. It would in Blighty anyway.

A bike like the Tigger is a very personal choice, sometimes against peer pressure. Just give it a try and go with your heart.

Good luck!

Chris
Chris

jeep4x4adam

I'm not sure how or why that last post was up there twice.  

I'm currently looking for a dealer that has a demo bike.  I am within 2 hours from 4 different dealers and like I said above (twice) I'm right around the corner from the big dogs at Triumph NA.  None of these dealers have a demo bike!  Whats up with that?

I feel like Atlanta Triumph Ducati would prep the 02 for me to ride if I asked them to, but its looking more and more like they cant get the price right for me.

Any opinions?  Does anyone know why nobody is keeping Tigers in GA?  

As far as peer pressure goes......I went against that to get the Daytona.  My friends bought R6's and my dad, uncle and neighbors all ride Harleys.  I caught grief about having anything but a blue Yam from my friends and Dad still calls my bike a "cheap plastic imitation" because its not a big, obnoxiously loud, slow, chromed out vibrator.

tediem

Hi,

My names Mark, I have a 885 Tiger and live in Notts. previously owned a Yam TDM850 and fancied something different. Never thought about a Tiger before. Was looking at a 1150GS and the sales guy suggested I look at the Tiger. Liked it and bought it.

Hope to be able to put as many miles on the Tiger as I did on the TDM.

Cheers

Mark

wdkng_24

I'm Kent, currently from Central Iowa, and soon to be movie to Rock Springs, WY.  well, as soon as I graduate from college.  just bought a orange 04 tiger, and I CAN"T WAIT TO GET RID OF THIS DAMN SNOW!!!  10 more inches expected in the next 36 hours . . . .  you guys down in colorado, i'm gonna have lots of time to do some serious riding . . . . make sure i know how to look you up . . . . i ought to get moved out there sometime after the 4th of july.

also, anyone who reads this . . . . short of making my own, is there a decent way to get hiway pegs on a tiger?  my knees hurt already . . .

anyway, looking forward to putting some serious miles on it this summer . . . look for me . . . ;)