News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Waiting on parts? how long is normal

Started by apache, February 03, 2006, 05:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apache

Its been 2 weeks since I ordered my air filter for my 97. paid at the dealer, it was supposed to be sent to my house. How long does it typically take for this kinda stuff from Triumph? Im in California BTW. Good thing Im not in a hurry.

Foxy

It's almost always in stock. Otherwise, it comes overnight from the factory. Ah, the joys of being in the UK :)

My advice would be "fit a K&N filter". They last forever.

Ansis

Does anybodey know the internet shop in Europe where K&N parts are available? I M looking fosr carburater set from K&N and found it in the states but shipping is problem.

apache

If your refering to a jet kit, you might wanna reconsider. I dont know what year you have but I`ll tell you this. the K&N jet kit came with 2 sizes of mains. My 97 had 105`s they provide 108`s and 112`s. They also give you clip type needlesthat miced identical to what I had in mine already. The K&N ones have no markings the stockers do which leads me to think the were factory installed. Sudco sells jets for Mikunis and kehins. They give you a drill to do the slides which I didnt do and nothing for the pilots other than a drill and screw to pull the plugs out which you can do yourself and set the idle mixers at 2 turns.

In the years I worked in aftermarket bike market and saw many dynoed, the jet kits really werent worth it IMO. You still have to tear it down several times with there stuff installing different combos to get it right.

Personally I wouldent put a K&N filter on my $5 lawn mower. but thats just me .02 worth. Id keep the foam stocker or use a Uni if one was avaliable.