News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New '06 Tiger, first Triumph

Started by Rawkus, February 27, 2006, 07:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rawkus

Hey all,

Just bought my first Triumph after a string of Japanese bikes. All have their pros and cons. So far loving the big Tiger. I owned a Vstrom a couple years back and disliked the engine but love all that the Big Trailies offer up. So far the Tiger is all I loved about the Strom but with an engine I really like.

Anyway here she is

Catch ya guys on the road.

\'06 Blue Tiger

wasions

Just got my first non-J bike too, but in black.  The blue is quite fetching.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

Aussie Tiger

A very big welcome from a fellow "Capsicum (he, he) Blue" owner.  I didn't opt for the bags with mine (were still an option in Oz until a couple of months back) but having seen yours I now wish I had.  Very nice, enjoy!
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Never regret growing old...Its a privilege not afforded to many!

Rawkus

Thanks all. Yeah I'm a bagger and am glad those are standard. However I wish it had a center stand as standard like European buyers get.  My dealer did throw in the OEM heated grips as incentive to buy.

\'06 Blue Tiger

Patrick the Scot

"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

coldcanadian

Hey... don't knock the Tiger bags, they have good capacity and offer an extra bit of fall down protection!!! :smt002

http://coldcanadian.smugmug.com/gallery/1255778/1/55966672
Take the Long Way........Make it Twisty

jp4evr

Quote from: "coldcanadian"Hey... don't knock the Tiger bags, they have good capacity and offer an extra bit of fall down protection!!! :smt002

http://coldcanadian.smugmug.com/gallery/1255778/1/55966672

Love your gallery - great shots of a great trip.  Did you make your rear rack?  I'm looking to do the same and have some 3" PVC for a similar tool "bag".
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

coldcanadian

jp4evr

Yup, I made the rack. Pretty simple, 3/16" aluminum plate. Made a cardboard mock up till I got it right then cut it with a jig saw. Got a local machine shop to break the angles for me. If you do the same thing don't forget to clear coat it or it transfers aluminum powder to all your gear. The tool canister is actually a welding rod holder. Works good because it has a threaded, wheather proof top. About $7 at the local welding supply store.
Take the Long Way........Make it Twisty