News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

About time I posted mine!

Started by tcowjww, March 02, 2006, 12:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Number One

Quote from: "tcowjww"3. Legality. With an exhaust can stamped "NOT FOR ROAD USE", your bike is not legal for use on UK roads. This means you are not insured and, with the exhorbitant costs of replacement panels and the like for bikes, insurance companies will find *any* excuse not to pay out where possible in the event of a claim. As illegal exhaust modifications are one of the most common modifications to bikes, it's the first thing they look for and subsequently can and do refuse to honour the insurance agreement.

Anyone actually been caught out like this?

On the one hand, I can imagine insurance companies squirming out whenever they can, on the other, if illegal activity invalidated insurance, there would be very little point in having insurance in the first place, as accidents are often the result of illegal activity to some degree, like speeding.

It would be useful to here about any problems people have had.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger