News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ode to a Steamer.... [steamer pictures thread]

Started by tigerrider, August 04, 2007, 01:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerrider

Oh, that title doesn't sound quite right...but anyways..

I just want to list out some of the reasons I love this model of the Triumph best of all. Please add something I may have left out.

The Engine: Of *all* the Hinckly Triumphs, the T-3 in the Tigers is by far the most attractive. From the polished fin ends on the side of the block to the minimal amount of hoses showing, it's very sano.

The Plastic: Those headlights and bodywork...remind me of where the Super Tenere' might have progressed to at one point. It's tough without looking hideous.

The luggage: The rough finish Givi bags hold up VERY well as crash bars and that finish stands up so well, you can't really tell which one I slid on or which one I partialy ran over (while open) with my truck.

abruzzi

moved to Talk, and now the official steamer pic thread.  I still lust after one of these bikes. Is it excessive to have more than one tiger?

Geof

fano

I saw these two beauties in Kamiah @ Tiger Ride-In

tigerrider

I've seen the Streetfighter Tiger some time ago in pix when it was just being started on I think. Nice ride.

nightrunner

Quote from: "abruzzi"moved to Talk, and now the official steamer pic thread.  I still lust after one of these bikes. Is it excessive to have more than one tiger?

Geof

Not at all.  Good for the karma.  I recall seeing an RIP thread a couple years ago about a fellow who just kept buying more Tigers.  IIRC he had accumulated about 20 when he passed away.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

steammoto

My beloved. With under 5k it is barely broke in. Contemplating if it will be the ride to take to C. America this fall/winter. [/img]
1995 Steamer Diablo

Gonzo

I really like the looks of the Steamers...I was actually looking for one, when I came across a good deal on my 2000 Girly.

Someday...

Peace,
Bob

Mudhen

Here's mine...on my way to CC'07.  Just had to pull over and let that fire engine go by... :D

\'96 Steamer

Mudhen

Quote from: "nightrunner"Not at all.  Good for the karma.  I recall seeing an RIP thread a couple years ago about a fellow who just kept buying more Tigers.  IIRC he had accumulated about 20 when he passed away.

I think he was from Ohio.  I talked to him about one of his bikes when he was selling his collection, but my wife wouldn't let me buy it sight unseen.  So instead of buying the $5k Steamer, I bought a $17k BMW.  Showed her!

The rumor I heard was that he never went into a dealership that had one on the floor and didn't buy it.  That'll be me after I win Powerball tomorrow night - I'm going to horde them...big warehouse full of them.  Screw you guys.   :lol:
\'96 Steamer

aeronca

hey mudhen, i love the fender on your bike. what's the make,and is it a universal fit???

p.s hows the powerball collection coming?  :P

p.p.s. hows the weather up in maine? i grew up in mass and new hampshire, and lived in a short time in maine as well(bath, and darmascotta(sp?)) sure do miss it.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mudhen

Quote from: "aeronca"hey mudhen, i love the fender on your bike. what's the make,and is it a universal fit???

p.s hows the powerball collection coming?  :P

p.p.s. hows the weather up in maine? i grew up in mass and new hampshire, and lived in a short time in maine as well(bath, and darmascotta(sp?)) sure do miss it.

Just a couple hours...then I'm on easy street.  My 5 year old wants an FJ...no a mustang...no an FJ.  After that the wife gets a Rangie and I get another 10 year old Tiger.  Which is fine!  The 2 year old will get some new diapers...the ones we've been throwing in the dryer are starting to wear thin... :cry:

My front fender is an Acerbis Tecnik and an Acerbis aluminum front brace.  I mounted it using the banjo bolt at the bottom of the brake junction box (I went with two lines right out of the master instead).

So you're a New Englander - nice!  We're in Eliot, just over the border from Portsmouth (I grew up in NH as well).  We wanted to escape the high property taxes so figured we'd pay state income tax instead... :lol:
\'96 Steamer

aeronca

nice, since it rains so much up here in washington, we just hang our 2 year old out the window and let the rain wash him off :lol:  thanks for the info on the fender, how did you mod your wind screen?  elliot,s nice, i spent three years working at the shipyard in kittery.   later
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

abruzzi

The thread should now be in it's final home.

Geof

Mudhen

Quote from: "aeronca"how did you mod your wind screen?

It's a different front headlight surround...'Patrick' may be able to get his hands on one if you're interested.  Send him a PM, not sure if he's aware of this revived site.

It's not for the faint of heart...needed some tweaking to get to fit.

Pat

Edit:  search on 'Dieter' for more pics of the rally screen
\'96 Steamer

Stretch

Quote from: "Mudhen"'Patrick' may be able to get his hands on one if you're interested.  Send him a PM, not sure if he's aware of this revived site.

He's here.  He posted just yesterday.