News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ode to a Steamer.... [steamer pictures thread]

Started by tigerrider, August 04, 2007, 01:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishnbiker

Here's snap of my 95 at the bottom of the Copper Canyon in Mexico, just after the starter sprag clutch failed with me having to make a 7,000ft climb on gravel road fully loaded. The starter failed after high centering on a huge rock while crossing a washout on a super rough 2 track road, that tore 2 fins off the oil pan & broke an engine mounting lug. The road in the photo is the highway, not the rough road. I consider it lucky I got to ride it home, push starting it all the way.
Gawd I was hoping NOT to stall it (didn't, but still had 3,000 miles to get back home). It was the next day when I discovered NO Triumph dealers in all Mexico at that time.
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

cascadetiger

Here is my Steamer out in typical PNW weather.

cascadetiger

Whoops, picture didnt come through.  I'll try again later.

Patrick

Quote from: "Stretch"He's here.  He posted just yesterday.

Yup. I'm here. And with me is my steamer (a.k.a "Tiger Trail 900")

Ain't it a beauty?  :oops:

Have fun!

Patrick

OregonTigerRider

I've spent a few days out and about - pictures follow...that is, if I can do this properly.

Bald Hill Rd. Redwoods Ntl Pk, N. CA

Camp Creek Rd. Pulga, CA

Platina Rd, Platina, CA
Cheers!

Michael Pierce
Cycle Parts Triumph
Eugene, Oregon
www.cyclepartstriumph.com

www.oregonsundayride.com

OregonTigerRider

Crap. What am I doing wrong when it comes to posting images? I have been using straight html to embed the image in my post. A previous message that I posted worked just fine doing this, now it's not doing the deed. Any tips?

Oh...I did read the sticky on photo posting but that wasn't much help.

Thanks!
Cheers!

Michael Pierce
Cycle Parts Triumph
Eugene, Oregon

www.oregonsundayride.com

Mudhen

Quote from: "OregonTigerRider"Crap. What am I doing wrong when it comes to posting images? I have been using straight html to embed the image in my post. A previous message that I posted worked just fine doing this, now it's not doing the deed. Any tips?

Oh...I did read the sticky on photo posting but that wasn't much help.

Thanks!

Not sure about all your fancy HTML stuff...but I just use the 'img' tags, with the URL of the pic inside.  But maybe something is broken...I'll try putting it here:

I've spent a few days out and about - pictures follow...that is, if I can do this properly.

Bald Hill Rd. Redwoods Ntl Pk, N. CA

Camp Creek Rd. Pulga, CA

Platina Rd, Platina, CA

Michael Pierce

Eugene, Oregon

www.oregonsundayride.com[/img]
\'96 Steamer

Mudhen

Looks like it's not working for me, either.  Maybe your photo hoster doesn't allow linking like that.  I'll try from smugmug to see if that's the case:

Edit:  Worked from smugmug.  Must be something with google photo hosting - maybe a setting you can change?

Good luck, though - we want to see those pics!

(I cheated and opened them on my own, though - NICE!)

Pat
\'96 Steamer

OregonTigerRider

've spent a few days out and about - pictures follow...that is, if I can do this properly. Crap. I need to shrink them before I post. I forgot just how big they are.

Michael
Cheers!

Michael Pierce
Cycle Parts Triumph
Eugene, Oregon

www.oregonsundayride.com

CBAT

My '96 Steamer in red......
Bruce

harre

The Steamer is powerful. Makes me smile everytime I see it. Can't wait until next season, will have to get some side panniers by then. The Givi V35 looks nice, but I am leaning towards aluminium panniers. Anyone tried Zarges or D‰rr on the Steamer?

OregonTigerRider

Heh - I don't know why my gallery on google won't load any longer - but, I've managed to move all of my images onto my FTP server.

Here's a few pics from my recent week in Northern CA. Enjoy. I did.

Near Schoolhouse Peak, Bald Hill Rd., Redwood National Park, CA

Camp Creek Rd., Pulga, CA

Platina Rd., Platina, CA

Camp Creek Falls, Camp Creek Rd., Pulga, CA

Overloaded at the Overlook, Burnt Ranch, CA on Hwy 299
Cheers!

Michael Pierce
Cycle Parts Triumph
Eugene, Oregon

www.oregonsundayride.com

Patrick

Time to add some riding pics...

(I've been to a quarry this weekend... THAT was fun!)

Have fun!

Patrick

CBAT

Nice shots Patrick. Love the high front fender. Have you done anything to add protection to the radiator?
Bruce

Mudhen

Some pics from a ride last weekend near my house in southern Maine.  The Steamer is a '95 - a recent convert to the dirt, admirably ridden...(Zahi - you on this board?!?!?!?)

Boring video (he stayed up):

Better video (he didn't!!):
http://mudhen.smugmug.com/photos/206828418-O.mpg

Best video (Scrambler, of course):
\'96 Steamer