News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ode to a Steamer.... [steamer pictures thread]

Started by tigerrider, August 04, 2007, 01:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

Yeah, happened on the dirt going 15 maybe 20 mph.  Hit a big rock with the front in conjunction with a whoop.  Got crossed up around the same time as the tranny deciding to jump back to neutral.  Whacked it open to straighten her out and I only got noise.  Tossed me over, then the right muffler landed on my boot near the ankle.  I was wearing my stormtrooper boots so I didn't feel a thing.  Just a sore shoulder from where I landed and a sad, scraped up bike.

Incidentally, one of the other bikes I was with got a front pinch flat at the same location.  We figured the woods were telling us something, so we changed his tube, dusted ourselves off and headed back home. :oops:
From parts unknown.

aeronca

WOW :shock: , glad your ok. is the front end tweaked at all?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Ouch, some serious lying down called for mate  :wink:

You need one of those fancy new Adventure Tigers JD , get one in the newer flat military green, easier to touch up  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

Quote from: "aeronca"WOW :shock: , glad your ok. is the front end tweaked at all?

No, but the bars are.  Time for some fancy new aluminum ones! 8)  Tigger-bling.

I'm not getting my hopes too high for the new Tigers.  It would be fantastic to be pleasantly surprised, but I put my chances around 10% on that one. :roll:
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

I'm pleasantly surprised if I feel a stirring in the loins these days, Fat Alloy bars ........ Oh dear it's happening again  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bob Tosi

a little road rash on the old girl from a recent ride

Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

harre

A short trip to a really nice camp site in Sandhornøya, Norway.

aeronca

looks great 8) . i like the fence you had to put between the two tiger's in the last picture - so they wont fight :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Rocinante

Nice bikes nice area and nice beers in the right place.:) :thumbsup

Never been to Sandhornøya but seen the area by bike. It´s breathtaking.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

D-Fuzz

Here is my Tigger, all washed, waxed and shiny.  What a great bike!! :D

Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

aeronca

man that looks good. maybe i'll wash mine   -    well, someday :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Basri...

'97, 68500km on the clock by 15/10/2010
On the roads of west Turkey...

Basri,

since 1965...

D-Fuzz

-10C with the windchill and a 30km/h wind, but it was still great to get out for a ride :D

Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

NeilD

well its not been cold enough yet to get the full range of colours, but was nice Autumnal day today when I popped out..  :D

P1010642 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

P1010661 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

P1010653 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

Sin_Tiger

Lovely romantic shots Neil  :love10