News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ode to a Steamer.... [steamer pictures thread]

Started by tigerrider, August 04, 2007, 01:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

coachgeo - > noted, I was trying to do what I thought was the right thing by not burdening the server with heaps of uploads.

I very much doubt the seat is a Corbin, no marking on it, the bike has been in Singapore since new and Corbin seats are rare and horrendously expensive here, also they have a reputation of only being worthwhile if you can get them tuned to suit you at the factory. More likely it's a recover by a local shop, there are so many here that recover at very reasonable prices. The sun takes it's toll on materials here.

C'mon people you're making me feel terribly guilty now. I admit it is a very nice colour and doesn't look out of place on the steamer. Don't know when it was done, neither does the previous owner, nor what the official colour designation is, somewhere between silver, gunmetal and RAF blue, might have been a Jag or even dare I say it BMW car colour.

I really like the original Caspian which is why I chose that for my Roadie (after Kildareman beat me to a real used bargain!) and my Vara is the same, bit of encouragement please :(
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

EvilBetty

If your a fan of the Caspian, then by all means have it restored that color.  For all I know the silver is just photogenic and may not look as cool in person.  But I will say I'm not usually a fan of the silver bikes, and this one caught my eye!

I have a couple of used parts I need to have painted to match my bike, but my friends in the paint business are trying to get me to paint the whole bike another color due to the cost of the OEM paint.  But the Lucifer Orange (by far the fastest and best looking color  8) ) has grown on my considerably.  Unless I decided to do a custom Union Jack job on the pannier or top case lid, I'll be buying the Standox LD paint eventually.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Mudhen

I'd be very careful with the silver.  Patrick's bike started out silver and looked what happened to that!

:eusa_dance

Whatever you decide is of course fine with all of us here.  Just make sure you keep us informed and updated so we can rag on you either way!   :wink:
\'96 Steamer

aeronca

Quote from: EvilBetty,  But the Lucifer Orange (by far the fastest and best looking color  8) ) : .

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol

now thats frikin hilarious. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

khakitiger

Just new to the site, but I've been riding my khaki green (haven't seen another in this colour before) '97 since 2002.

This is an old photo from the Waiprous lookout in Southern Alberta soon after I got the bike.  It still looks pretty much the same but with better boots.

aeronca

looks great, welcome aboard. :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

abruzzi

Took a nice ride yesterday on the steamer.  Didn't have much time to take pics, but I got a nice shot infront of the Organ Mountains.

Geof

JetdocX

Me and El Bastardo Verde on Donner Summit (Old US 40) this afternoon:
From parts unknown.

aeronca

hey brother jd, what kind and/or where did you get that little wind screen?  eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

looks sorta like this powerbronze shield on mine , but I don't know as to what good it actually does

JetdocX

Quote from: "aeronca"hey brother jd, what kind and/or where did you get that little wind screen?  eric

Nope, not the Powerbronze, Mustang.  Eric, no idea.  It came with the bike.  I have the stock screen and it sucks in comparison.
From parts unknown.

aeronca

fun rainy ride with old desert rat :D  
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

washin the bike's 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

akendall1966

My Tiger - 1998 model acquired Jan 09, 4800 miles from new verified by MOTs and service records. Took my 2 years to find one this good nick and low miles very chuffed with it.

Mods & farkles so far: only re sprung the forks, HB pannier rack on order.
----AK-----

Nick Calne

Top Steamer!  I love it.  Best colour too.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?