News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ode to a Steamer.... [steamer pictures thread]

Started by tigerrider, August 04, 2007, 01:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjago

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Cool pics.  I like my Girly, but I still love the old steamer.  Maybe because it has so much in common with my old Trident which was a classic IMHO; also the steamer looks more business-like I think.

I also have a T595, so I'm a fan of the 955 engine. I do agree the steamer is definetly more utlitarian looking, kinda like an old Unimog. It just gets it done, be damned the looks.
Nice ride today with about 30 more sport oriented bikes , The old Tiger holding her own in the corners.   :wink:
05 Triumph Tiger 45K miles (lucifer orange)
98 Triumph Tiger 80K miles (sold)
98 Triumph T595 33K miles (sold :-(
04 MV Agusta Brutale 2500 miles (wifes)
93 GSXR 1100 85K miles (totalled)
91 GSXR 750 75K miles (sold)
86 Ninja 600 (sold)

coachgeo

Quote from: "bjago".... I do agree the steamer is definetly more utlitarian looking, kinda like an old Unimog. It just gets it done, be damned the looks....
LOL......  yep there is a few Mogs up there in WA.  Otherwise.. most folk (in US) have not got a clue what a Unimog is.
"Made by Mercedes since 1951:  UNIversal-MOtor-Gerät", Gerät being the German word for machine or device. If an implement is available for a tractor.. Mogs got them too. Any specialized utility truck, fire truck, rescue, military, Expedition Camper, what ever.. Mogs do it better.  

My Steamer was suppose to complement my Mog :(  but had to sell my Mog :(  :(

Coach George
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/unimog/
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Nick Calne

Steamer - on the sort of road that tiger's were made for!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

NeilD

is that on the Ridgeway?

Nick Calne

Yup - Looks like Sicilly, actually 5 miles south of Swindon!

Mudhen

I had a parts delivery the other day...The Man delivered me a cylinder head gasket so I could get my Steamer back on the road.  Crap, I need a hack...

Thanks Mustang!!!

Getting my bike back on the road pushed me to finishing the Touratech GPS mount I got on ebay (for a GS):

And one with the rally screen on:

It's a tad bit too high, would have preferred it was tucked behind it a little more protected from the rain...but I'll use it that way for now.  If I ever get a modern GPS I'll probably redo it.

M
\'96 Steamer

Mustang

aeronca

dude, your my frickin hero :hello2
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Rocinante

It looks great Mudhen. You should be able to read that fine when standing up, yes?

Here´s a couple of more Rocinante images, from a ride this weekend into the Swedish woods in Dalarna, with gravel roads in abundance.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

Mustang

Mudhen

\'96 Steamer

NeilD

think the last picture I posted was in front of a field of Dafodils... found a field of poppies this time..  :D

Sin_Tiger

Nice  8)

There is a famous area in Thailand that is covered in Sunflowers, 'd love to get up there to get a pic against that background, might be lucky later in the year.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

High sided:

I think some flat-black paint is in this bike's future. :evil:
From parts unknown.

Nick Calne

You OK?  Matt paint? Painting the bike with some sparkly metallic rattle can paint offers low grade solvent abuse that acts as pain relief y'know...