News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ode to a Steamer.... [steamer pictures thread]

Started by tigerrider, August 04, 2007, 01:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

:D

P1010836a by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

liked this shot from a copy of the Feb '94 Fast Bikes magazine which I recently picked-up... there was  a group test with the Tiger, Africa Twin and Guzzi Quota, with the AT being their preference for any off road, but rated the Tiger for touring.. having said that, the tester did manage to bin the AT whilst jumping it for the camera  :D

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "NeilD":D

P1010836a by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

liked this shot from a copy of the Feb '94 Fast Bikes magazine which I recently picked-up... there was  a group test with the Tiger, Africa Twin and Guzzi Quota, with the AT being their preference for any off road, but rated the Tiger for touring.. having said that, the tester did manage to bin the AT whilst jumping it for the camera  :D

Any chance of scanning the pages relating to the test?  Would love to read the article.

NeilD

I'll have a go.. although not sure how well it will scan as a lot of the text is black on a yellow background..  :shock:  :D

kingdomstyle

love that pic
1999 TIGER black.2008 XR650L,2008 KLX450R

kingdomstyle

mud hen that is a sic bike where you get that wind screen

kingdomstyle

nice fender mod

NeilD

its big, its blue and its agricultural!   :D

P1010960a by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "NeilD"its big, its blue and its agricultural!   :D

P1010960a by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr
Very good photo :)

ArcticTiger

I was out on a little trip with the Green One today. The weather was nice, but cold. Its still early spring here in northern Norway. Since its no pic of it in this thread yet, here it is. Its a 1998 model, now with 21500 kms on it :D :
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

Mudhen

Couple pics from a dirt ride this weekend:

Lots of water in this section, but a lot of fun because the bikes in front showed me the fun line:

HUGE water hole...swamped a 640 that tried the middle, unfortunately, going around the side had some big hidden rocks in the muddy water.  Drop #1 on the day:

For a brief moment I thought my little girl was going to crush me up against that little tree:

Well don't just lie there like that, get up!

On my way again:

2 drops on the day, no damage.  Just a lot of fun.   :thumbsup
\'96 Steamer

aeronca

MUDHEN IS MY FREAKIN HERO!!!!!!!!! i need to get my ass back home to New England and ride with you bro. :twisted:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mudhen

Quote from: "aeronca"MUDHEN IS MY FREAKIN HERO!!!!!!!!! i need to get my ass back home to New England and ride with you bro. :twisted:

lol...you need a hobby, dude.  I just wish it was a new 800 I was doing it to!

A couple guys had video cameras going...really shows what a lame section I dropped it on.  I knew there was a rock there from seeing others try it - think I must have psyched myself out on it, though.  Happened several times during the day - see a hard section and someone else struggling with it, then I'd freak out thinking it was tough but breeze through it (sort of).  Visualize success...work your own line...don't focus on their failure... :oops:

Tiger is right at the end:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost ... stcount=85
\'96 Steamer

D-Fuzz

The problem with a big bike like that is once she starts to go, it is pretty tough to keep her upright.  That is a lot of weight to try and catch.  That said, BRAVO for making it through there! :D
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

PompeyLad

Far from my only Triumph but definitely my favorite.