News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ode to a Steamer.... [steamer pictures thread]

Started by tigerrider, August 04, 2007, 01:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikejohn

Quote from: "Patrick"It's me. Again.

There is another slight modification. Can you spot it?

:lol:

Regarts

Patrick
the forks and one less disc

GavD

My new saddle courtesy of Dave at Diggerseats.co.uk

Top work
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Sin_Tiger

Very  nice  8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

fuzee666

this is my steamer, bought it last week :)

fuzee666

rf9rider

Nice, almost a matching number plate too  :)

GavD

New Mudguard arrived today, bit fiddly to get fitted but cracked it in the end.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

FoothillRyder

The gent I bought this from has taken extraordinary care of this beauty!

8)
- FoothillRyder

'97 Trophy 3, '98 Tiger, '96 Sprint
AMA 289558, COP# 0001, BIR# 47
www.foothillryder.com

Sin_Tiger

You're not kidding  :shock:   8)

aeronca

WOW, she's a beaut 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Red Lion

Hi folks! I have just purchased this '96 Steamer with the sole intention of seeing if ADV touring is a mode of travel that will suit us into the future. Our intention, if satisfied, is to fork-out for a brand new Tiger Explorer(1200cc) once we are sure that we will get bang for our bucks.
To start off we have just taken a bite-sized tour from Peachland, B.C., down into Washington state, and back on a loop. We centred our tour around Grand Coulee Dam. It was heaven!
We exited Canada at Oroville, and re-entered at Midway.
It was a little intimidating for me, as up until now I have only ever ridden dirtbikes on ..... dirt!
Black '96 Steamer : \'04 RM250 : \'10 Arctic Cat Prowler 700XTX

Red Lion

For dam-spotters out there; head out to Grand Coulee Dam now to see it in a historically rare full spill.

FoothillRyder

Nice pics Red Lion, and congrats on the Steamer. You may just find it has everything you need, so you can spend your money on traveling instead of buying the Explorer.

I have the big brother of that top box on my Steamer, had that same box on my Scrambler. Some look down on the 'cheap' JCW luggage; but frankly I had a good experience on the Scram, and so far so good on the Tiger.

Look forward to more!

8)
- FoothillRyder

'97 Trophy 3, '98 Tiger, '96 Sprint
AMA 289558, COP# 0001, BIR# 47
www.foothillryder.com

Red Lion

This is up on the plateau above Grand Coulee, midway to Wilbur on the 174. Strangely enough, at a 'place' called "Bagdad Crossing", according to my camera GPS. The reason why we stopped is, well, ...... Tigz insisted! During the 1,000km trip it ran faultlessly, except for this stretch. It just cut out on us. We waited a few minutes, took some snaps, then restarted the bike. It fired up as if nothing had ever occurred! I need to look into this mystery glitch before we start doing longer tours, as I'm really not keen on getting stranded halfway to California, or beyond.
2 hours after this, Tigz started 'missing' for about 30 seconds whilst cruising, then picked herself up again to complete the last 300 km without a problem.
Thoughts, anyone?