News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

V strom owner marries bike.

Started by apache, March 14, 2006, 06:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedysheep

Quote from: "ix"<snip>the center stand is too hard to use<snip>

What's wrong with the centerstand?  Just curious.  I like the centerstand on the Tiger.  It's nicely tucked out of the way, and it goes up much easier than some other bikes I've had.
Where am I to go, now that I\'ve gone too far?

msats

Co is kinda far from boston  :lol:

wasions

Except for styling, sound, and power delivery, I find that the DL1000 and the Tiger 955i are quite similar.  Comfort and handling on both are very good.  I rather prefer the power delivery of the Strom, but I suppose I'm a shameless window-watcher.  I'd rather be seen on, and therefore own, the Tiger.  I also loooove my Tiger's growl.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

ix

QuoteWhat's wrong with the centerstand?  Just curious.  I like the centerstand on the Tiger.  It's nicely tucked out of the way, and it goes up much easier than some other bikes I've had.

Getting the Tiger on the centerstand is herniating, and getting it off I do my best Sisyphus impression for a while before it even budges. If there's a trick to either operation, I haven't figured it out yet. The Tiger is too tall for me to push it off the center stand while astride the bike, and it can't be ridden off. I think I'm just not big, strong, or heavy enough, and it's always going to be an issue for me. I'm a skinny guy - 6', 150ish lbs.

It's particularly disappointing after discovering last year just how easy it is to get a K1200RS on and off its centerstand. That bike is a huge, fat pig with a dearth of handholds, but it has the easiest centerstand operation of any bike I've ever used, bar none. Too bad it was no fun to ride...   :roll:
- Ix

speedysheep

Quote from: "ix"
QuoteWhat's wrong with the centerstand?  Just curious.  I like the centerstand on the Tiger.  It's nicely tucked out of the way, and it goes up much easier than some other bikes I've had.

Getting the Tiger on the centerstand is herniating, and getting it off I do my best Sisyphus impression for a while before it even budges. If there's a trick to either operation, I haven't figured it out yet. The Tiger is too tall for me to push it off the center stand while astride the bike, and it can't be ridden off. I think I'm just not big, strong, or heavy enough, and it's always going to be an issue for me. I'm a skinny guy - 6', 150ish lbs.

It's particularly disappointing after discovering last year just how easy it is to get a K1200RS on and off its centerstand. That bike is a huge, fat pig with a dearth of handholds, but it has the easiest centerstand operation of any bike I've ever used, bar none. Too bad it was no fun to ride...   :roll:

I think it goes up pretty easy.  You need to try a Concours sometime ...  :shock:

It is a little tall to get it off the centerstand while sitting on it.  I just stand next to it and roll it off.  Very easy.
Where am I to go, now that I\'ve gone too far?

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "apache"
Quote from: "TigerTrax"So ...

why not park your butt on that Tiger and ride 1000 miles to the Tiger Ride-In ..... we don't rant .... but you will see a lot of Tigers & riders who simply 'hit the road' and enjoy it!

Hiawasse, GA in June

Durango, CO in Sept

Jasper,AR in Oct

TigerTrax

mailto:TigerRide-In@cox.net">TigerRide-In@cox.net

That Colorado one sounds like a possibility, havent been there in years. any complaints if a few non Tiger riders joined in?

Curious what neck of the woods your in? ever make it out to the Ca deserts?

No complaints here.  I would bring my riding buddy from Austin who pilots a K1200 if it is cool with Jerry and the boys.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

Sofalofa2005

I used to be scared of the centre stand first time I did it, quite an effort!

Here's my method, even in slippers I've done this...

1.) Get off bike and put it on its side stand

2. Stand on left on bike, put down centre stand then push the bike slightly away from you untill you feel the right hand side of the stand touch down

3. Turn the left side grip/handlebar towards the tank

4. Use your right hand to grab the pillion footrest support bar where it meets the frame

5. Take a deep breath and pull back with both hands

Seems to go up pretty easily... easier than you think

Russ

iansoady

Quote from: "Sofalofa2005"I used to be scared of the centre stand first time I did it, quite an effort!

Here's my method, even in slippers I've done this...

1.) Get off bike and put it on its side stand

2. Stand on left on bike, put down centre stand then push the bike slightly away from you untill you feel the right hand side of the stand touch down

3. Turn the left side grip/handlebar towards the tank

4. Use your right hand to grab the pillion footrest support bar where it meets the frame

5. Take a deep breath and pull back with both hands

Seems to go up pretty easily... easier than you think

Russ

And put all your weight on the centre stand footpedal.....
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

TiggerTwo

Quote from: "jp4evr"That's what it's all about.  I think the Strom has such a great following because they are quite easy to ride.  It's been a long time, except for the GS and Tiger (Capo, etc) that a big Japanese made a capable, comfortable, sporty tourer.  

Ride what you ride and ride it because you like it.  It will do more for you than anyone else.  

Just freakin' ride.

Can you give your unbiased opinion on your experience with your Tiger  so far?

Would be interesting to hear it since you have something to compare it to.

Thanks!

Walt
Tigger Two

davensocal

" I toss and turn at night when I know I get to ride it the next day. I love that bike, and I can't explain why. It's too tall, too heavy, too bouncy, the center stand is too hard to use, there's no under-seat (or any other) storage, and it's funny-looking. On the Tiger, those things are all endearing quirks. On any other bike, they'd make me hate the machine. "

Perfect description of how I feel about the Tiger..  

FWIW, I come from a past of 2 stroke dirt bikes, and big single DS'ers.  I have ridden a few twins and fours, but this triple is just a blast.

There is also something about taking it offroad.  I don't know why, but this bike feels very confident off-road.  So confident that it scares me.  There is no way this 500lb beast can handle as well as it feels, but I have yet to feel the Tiger's bite.  

I will keep trying though!

As far as I am concerned, I got my $4k out of this thing in the last year.  It could roll over and die tomorrow, and I would feel I got my money's worth.