News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My 2005

Started by pscinelli, March 17, 2006, 05:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pscinelli

¥TigerTamer?

HEY - Thats my bike!

Nice color choice!

Hopefully that wet spot isn't from the bike.

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

2004 Triumph Daytona 955i SE (sold)

1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 (RIP)

Bob Burnett

Me like the screen what is it.

I want one please.

Bob
2006 Black Tiger

Bling Bling If it\'s Stainless Steel Polish it, If it,s not then replace it

pscinelli

The spot is from my 1970 BSA, marking its territory.

The screen  is the Tiger sports screen, part # A9708029-XX where XX is the color ID. The price is $175, which is a bit steep, but I think it looks much better than the stock windscreen.

pscinelli

I just installed the Touratech Engine Guards and have posted an updated picture. Installation was very easy, took about 1 hour. Used a floor jack to hold the engine up while removing the  mounting bolts.

¥TigerTamer?

Very nice - here is an updated pic of my 05 after installing all the goodies I got from Sasquatch.  I also have some Happy Trails luggage on order.

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

gazoo

Bike looks great!  Are those TKC-80's?

¥TigerTamer?

Yea - in the photo those TKC's had just been put on.  I've got about 500 miles on em now with about half to 2 thirds of that being off-road.  So far I love em.

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

squarepeg

TT, what's the bag you have on the back?
a squarepeg in sj

\'05 Triumph 955i Tiger

\'05 Honda VT750  Shadow Aero

¥TigerTamer?

That's the Wolfman Tailpack - I love it!  Has 4 bungie type cords on the bottom that are adjustable with hooks and it just hooks onto the luggage rack.  Its expandable to, I think, 30L capacity.

I got it here;

http://adventurersworkshop.com/Merchant ... _Tail_Paks

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

Patrick the Scot

Great Looking ride! How do the TKC's grip on the tarmac?
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

¥TigerTamer?

Way better than I would have expected.  Last week in AZ on the way back from a dirt ride, we (wife and I, 2up) took a highway that wound through the mountains.  Long sweepers some tight corners (2 lanes in each direction).  Anyway we were able to run at 80-90, 2up and the TKC's felt as secure as the stock Anakee's.  

I'm sure on a tight, twisty canyon road  they wouldn't be as good - but I am totally impressed with them and will probably keep running em.

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "¥TigerTamer™"Way better than I would have expected.  Last week in AZ on the way back from a dirt ride, we (wife and I, 2up) took a highway that wound through the mountains.  Long sweepers some tight corners (2 lanes in each direction).  Anyway we were able to run at 80-90, 2up and the TKC's felt as secure as the stock Anakee's.  

I'm sure on a tight, twisty canyon road  they wouldn't be as good - but I am totally impressed with them and will probably keep running em.

Sounds like the next tire for me.  What is the mileage expectation on a set, i.e. at 7000 miles my rear Anakee is shot.  What do you think for the TKC?
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

Mudhen

Quote from: "Patrick the Scot"Sounds like the next tire for me.  What is the mileage expectation on a set, i.e. at 7000 miles my rear Anakee is shot.  What do you think for the TKC?

I got 9k out of the last rear TKC on my GS...16k out of the front.  But most people seem to get around 4-5k on the rear and 8k or so on the front.  I think they're very dependent on weight and throttle.
\'96 Steamer

¥TigerTamer?

Yea - you know how it is  -  you have to find that spot in the balance that your comfortable with;

performance<---------------------------------------->tread life

Me? - Well, I just migrated from the sportbike world so I would rather get 3k miles out of a set of tires that I know are going to perform the way I want, rather than get something that performs ok but lasts longer.  Geez, on my old sportbike, I only got 2k miles out of a rear tire.  If I can get 3-4k from the TKC's then I'm ecstatic!

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i