News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Going to Arizona ... which bike should I ride?

Started by TiggerTwo, March 20, 2006, 05:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiggerTwo

I'm heading to Phoenix via Colorado from Illinois to visit my God daughter. It's been put off until September for the moment. I think she said 1800mi for Illinois?

I have the choice to ride one of three bikes:

'05 Tiger

'06 Suzuki, DR-Z400S

'01 Trophy

Which one?

Thanks ~

Walt
Tigger Two

wasions

Oh fer sher, ride the Suzuki!   :wink:
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

apache

Hope yer arse has plenty of padding if your gonna ride the Suzuki.

Would you even seriously consider that one when you have the others?

Id take the Tiger so you can do some exploring in Az deserts.

coldcanadian

The Trophy will get you there quicker, but limit exploring the great back roads in the area.

The Suzuki would be great once you got there, but a literal pain in the arse getting there.

The Tiger on the other hand ( Three Hands??) Gets you there quick and in comfort. You can still blast the paved twisties when your there as well as explore the dirt back roads (drop the air presure a bit for the dirt). Hummmm........
Take the Long Way........Make it Twisty

BykBoy

Well, if you really want to be creative, you can hook up a trailer for the Trophy and ride it down with the DRZ on the trailer... :lol:
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

Patrick the Scot

That DRZ wouldn't get you out of Cook County before you said "F-This" and turned around and got the interstate burner.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

TiggerTwo

Quote from: "Patrick the Scot"That DRZ wouldn't get you out of Cook County before you said "F-This" and turned around and got the interstate burner.

Hey - it might be a good bike in Chicago traffic! LOL!

So far, here's the general consensus from the forum's:

'05 Tiger - summary of comment's, so far; "EFI, Good to explore on once there." Issue: not as comfy or as fast as the Trophy.

'01 Trophy - summary of comment's, so far; "Fast and comfy, more suited for the long-haul." Issue; Carb @ elev.

Walt
Tigger Two

wasions

You know you wanna ride the Tiger!
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

coldcanadian

The following is a subliminal message.....RRRIIIIDDDEEEE THE TTTIIIIGGGGEEEEERRRRR......this is not a test.
Take the Long Way........Make it Twisty

blacktiger

The Tiger will  get you there in style, comfort and speed.  It will also give you incredible flexibility along the way.  Enjoy the trip!  I'm envious.

Pax
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.