News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Gettin my off-road legs in Arizona

Started by ¥TigerTamer?, March 23, 2006, 03:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

¥TigerTamer?

Well  - today was my chance to see just what this bike can handle - not to mention what I can handle.   I have to applaude Lori for being brave enough (or foolish enough) to ride backseat with me on a new bike, off road, knowing that I have no off road riding skills or experience whatsoever.  

We got a taste of everything today - some high-clearance sections that you couldn't have taken a car over, rocks, sand, water, mud and all combinations of those.

Here are some pics;

Gotta luv the Giant Saguaros

We had to ride down this - sand, rocks and criss-crossing ruts and it was about a 6-8% grade.  It was steeper than it looks in the pic.

Got to admit - The Mud was fun!

This was like riding on ice - there was so much slime on the concrete under the water.

Lori didn't get off for any of the obstacles - she road them all and we didn't have to test out the crash bars - what a fun day!!

The rest of the pics are here;

http://tigertamer.smugmug.com/gallery/1 ... 2/61103907

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

2004 Triumph Daytona 955i SE (sold)

1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 (RIP)

coldcanadian

TigerTamer!!!

Great pics.....Lori!!!!...what a trooper.

We're still up to our collective butts in snow up here but the pictures are good medicine!!

Keep'em com'in! :smt023
Take the Long Way........Make it Twisty

jp4evr

Fantastic.  thanks for sharing.  Coordinates?  Never know when one will be in the area.  can't wait to get everything back together and get on the road.  

How are you enjoying the knobbies?  got a set on order myself and looking forward to the install..... i think.
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

¥TigerTamer?

Well.  I have to admit that I was a little leary of ordering the TKC's.  I knew they would be an improvement off-road, but I still ride alot on road and still tend to ride like I did on my Daytona.

Let me tell ya - these tires rock!!  I would have never made it across some of  the terrain that we have covered down here (AZ) on the Anakee's - especially riding 2up.  And on the pavement, my wife says she can't feel the difference in vibration (you can a little at very low speed) - and we hit some twisties and they handle wonderfully, again riding 2up.

I am extremely impressed with these tires!

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

¥TigerTamer?

This is my MOST disliked riding conditions yet - freshly graded dirt and rocks.  This was alot of off-camber, deep freshly graded dirt with a ton of loose rocks thrown in.  This descent was the first time that Lori got off the bike and let me do it alone.

You wanna see 'how' freshly graded this was?

You gotta luv when you came across a sign that says

"Caution - Primitive Road - Use at your own risk!"

Well - it was still fun!  Lori only dismounted once and we still haven't tested the crash bars (yea!).

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i