News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Gotta love springtime in Colorado!!

Started by ¥TigerTamer?, April 03, 2006, 03:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

¥TigerTamer?

I had a great ride today.  Just a short one, but it was fun.

I went up to Rollinsville and headed up towards Rollins Pass as far as I could till I hit mud and snow.  Then I rode up through Ned and went down the Switzerland Trail.

This was taken at the old Toland townsite - thats the old schoolhouse in the corner.  In my mirror is the Continental Divide.

Here's where it got real muddy and then turned to snow.  Still too early in the year for this high altitude.

This is along the Switzerland Trail - one of my favorites.  Yea - you don't want to make a mistake or get too close to the edge.  Its about 700ft down.

On the way back down to town, I passed this old gold extraction facility.  This was pretty cool;

Can't forget the gratuitous Tiger shot!

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

2004 Triumph Daytona 955i SE (sold)

1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 (RIP)

Patrick the Scot

I looks like you are living in paradise.  Colorado sure is a special place.

Are you going to make it down to Durango in September for the Tiger Ride-In?
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

¥TigerTamer?

If I can swing the time off of work, I'm gonna try to make the Tiger Ride-In in Durango.  I already have some obligations in July and August that require me to take time off, so I'm gonna have to wait and see.

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

JOHNNY G

Great to see your spring pictures. I had a great ride this weekend starting in Breckenridge, up to Kremmling, south west to Wolcot, Minturn, Leadville, and back through Copper Mtn. You never know in the mountains. It is snowing again right now. It melts fast this time of year. I would really like to go to the rally in Durango. I'm new to the forum and really enjoying it. I'd love to hook up some time and ride the rockies. There seem to be quite a few tigers around Colorado.  :)
Johnny G

2002 Dew Green- Triumph Tiger

¥TigerTamer?

I've done a few other rides since then.  I love colorado riding!  

Here was a ride that I did on 4/9/06 back to the Switzerland Trail with some ADVrider folks.

http://tigertamer.smugmug.com/gallery/1 ... 1/63695936

Here was a solo ride that I did to the old townsite of Nevadaville

http://tigertamer.smugmug.com/gallery/1 ... 1/64792139

Here was my longest day ride yet - another ADV ride - 350miles, 10.5 hrs, 60%dirt, 40%paved

http://tigertamer.smugmug.com/gallery/1 ... 1/65757922

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i