News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

May 12-14 SE PA Mtn2Mtn Rally and Pix

Started by team222, April 03, 2006, 06:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

team222

SOUTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA MTN2MTN RALLY

May 12-14, 2006

Great Dirt and Street Road Photos Links at Bottom of Post

IS THIS HEAVEN? 109 miles of the areas best dirt roads to ride in the Tuscarora State Forest. Also...Tour and Sport Rides on the most wonderful seldom traveled scenic mountain back roads in the area. No rally fee, free breakfast, all you can eat lunch and group eats at the Rally site...plus super discounts offered on apparel and accessories by Velocity Cycle.

If you don't attend, you won't know what you did instead a year from now.

If you do attend..... you will never forget the 2006 Mtn2Mtn Rally.

Sponsored by: Velocity Cycles

http://www.velocitycycle.net/

RALLY SUMMARY

ADVENTURE TOUR RIDES

We have worked with the Pennsylvania Department of Natural Resources and it has paid off with rally attendees having access to 109 miles of dirt roads in the Tuscarora State Forest near Blain, PA (35 minutes from Harrisburg, Pa and the Carlisle Hotel Rally Site)

Three 15-20 mile loops will be marked and the remainder of the roads can be ridden also. One dirt loop is for intermediate level riding and would require 4wd if not on a motorcycle. The other loops are less demanding, but each has plenty of scenery, streams and overlooks. http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/st ... ities.aspx

STREET RIDES

Sport and Tour Street Rides will be offered also and will cover the absolute best seldom used mountain paved back roads in this part of Pennsylvania. Ofcourse you can mix/match the street and dirt roads in the Tuscarora State Park.

ACCOMODATIONS, EATS & ACCESSORY DISCOUNTS

Great and varied acomodations include rooms and camping at the hotel site along with 9 rustic camping areas at the dirt ride based part of the rally in the Tuscarora State Forest.

Group eats at the Rally Hotel Site are planned for Friday and Saturday evening. Rally Sponsor Velocity Cycle will provide a free Saturday breakfast at their shop and also host an all you can eat $2.95 lunch at the Tuscarora State Forest Pavilion.

Velocity Cycle is offering 15% off for any accessory or apparel item bought during the rally plus three 50% off discount certificates at the Hotel Carlisle Saturday group evening buffet. Major manufacturers will be also be presenting certificates for apparel and accessories at the group evening meal on Saturday.

ACCOMDATIONS & DIRECTIONS

RALLY SITE & ROOMS

http://www.hotelcarlisle.com/ (800) 692-7315 ask for "Mtn2Mtn Motorcycle Rally." Rooms are limited so reserve early. Rooms are $65.95 ($30-$40 discount when compared to normal rates) Indoor pool, great eats, super bar. Very close to Velocity Cycle the rally sponsor (wonderful raffle gifts and discounts will be available). 45 rooms in the block, group buffet eats at night .....plus attendees have the choice of a room at the hotel and/or camp out at a really nice area in the back. RESERVE BY: May 4th to get the discount and a room in our block. You can cancel your room up to the day before your scheduled arrival so there is no risk.

TENTING AT THE RALLY SITE

$10/night per tent. Nice semi-secluded tent area in the very back of the rally site, but near the reserved hotel rooms we have blocked. We have set aside a room or two for tenters to shower and use bathrooms.

RUSTIC CAMPING AVAILABLE AT TUSCARORA STATE FOREST (Base for dirt rides) VIP: Call for reservations at least 7 to 10 days before the event. 717-536-3191 http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/ ... pring.aspx

DIRECTIONS TO THE ÏHOTEL CARLISLEÓ RALLY SITE

From North: I-81 South. Take exit 52/Rt11. Turn left off exit. Hotel Carlisle Rally Site is 1/4 mile on right.

From South: I-81 North. Take exit 52A/Rt11. Make right off exit Hotel Carlisle Rally Site 1/4 mile on right.

From East: PA Turnpike West to Exit 226. US 11 North 2 miles Hotel Carlisle Rally Site on right.

From West: PA Turnpike East to Exit 226. Take US 11 North 1.5 miles. Hotel Carlisle Rally Site on right

DIRECTIONS FROM THE HOTEL CARLISLE RALLY SITE TO VELOCITY CYCLE

take a right out of the hotel parking area and go 5 miles ...Velocity Cycle is on the right just after the Acura Dealership which is located on the left.

DIRECTIONS TO TUSCARORA STATE FOREST/BIG SPRINGS PAVILION (Base for dirt rides)

Rt 274 about 8 miles miles southeast of Blain, PA -or- take PA Pike to the Willow Hill exit then follow Rt 75 northeast to Rt. 274 for ten miles to the Big Springs Forest Pavilion. http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/st ... ities.aspx

Map handouts will cover the all this and the Sport or Tour routes

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

TOP 20 QUESTIONS

1. What are the key agenda items and times.

FRIDAY: >>>3:00pm Ò VIP: Rides form up in the back of the Hotel Carlisle near our room block so we have enough room for organizing things, staging, answering q and giving out maps. Gas up before the ride leaves. >>>7:30pm Group eats at the hotel buffet. >>>Anytime: Visit Velocity Cycle.

SATURDAY: >>>8:00-10:00 Visit Velocity Cycle. >>>10:30am VIP: Rides form up in the back of the Hotel Carlisle near our room block so we have enough room for organizing things, staging, giving out maps and answering questions. Gas up before the ride leaves >>>12:30pm-2:00pm Lunch at the Tuscarora State Forest Big Springs Pavilion. VIP 2: For those doing the dirt part go to the Tuscarora State Forest Big Springs Pavilion for specific directions on getting on the dirt road part of the rally. >>>7:30pm Group eats and rally awards.

SUNDAY: >>>Open

2. What is the deal on the 15% and 50% off on Velocity Cycle Accessories? If you attend the event you can purchase any motorcycle accessory item from Velocity Cycle at 15% off. Velocity Cycle is also offering three 50% off discount certificates at the Hotel Carlisle Saturday group evening buffet. Why..........they want your business and we want you to attend our event? Major manufacturers will be also be presenting certificates for apparel and accessories at the group evening meal on Saturday.

3. Do I have to go on dirt and street or group rides and will maps be provided? You can go on your own ride or form your own group. You can also do a part tour and dirt ride. It is all up to you. Maps will be provided for the Street and Sport Rides along with directions on getting to the Tuscarora State Forest Big Springs Pavilion for lunch and the nearby 109 miles of dirt roads. VIP: For those doing the dirt part of the event go to the Tuscarora State Forest Big Springs Pavilion for specific directions on getting on the dirt road part of the rally.

4. What are the rules for riding in the Tuscarora State Forest? All bikes must have valid registrations and you can only ride on designated roads. We ask you to ride safely.... other rally attendees/traffic could be coming the other direction.

5. I can only make it to part of Saturdays events, where can I meet everyone? >>>8:00-10:00 Visit Velocity Cycle >>>10:30am Rides form up in the back of the hotel. >>>1:00pm-2:30pmLunch at the Tuscarora State Forest Big Springs Pavilion which is located on Rt 274 about 8 miles miles southeast of Blain, PA -or- take PA Pike to the Willow Hill exit then follow Rt 75 northeast to Rt. 74 for ten miles to the pavilion.

6. The Hotel Carlisle Rally Site looks a bit upscale to me. The Carlisle Hotel has nice rooms, great food, a pool and bar... plus is the hotel of choice for all the Carlisle Car Shows and other cycle rallies... so yes it is nice, but they are used to and appreciate motorcycle rallies. You will not get the $65.95 room discount rate we have for any of the car shows...count on that and they are also offering tenting spots. They want our business and this is a great deal for all rally attendees. RESERVE BY: April, 24th to get the discount and a room in our block. You can cancel your room up to the day before your scheduled arrival so there is no risk.

7. What are the details for tenting at the Carlisle Hotel Rally Site. The fee is $10 for the entire rally per tent. And the location will be very near our rally block of rooms. There will be individual hotel rooms setup for men and women tenters to shower and cleanup.

8. What about the demo rides? Velocity Cycle plans to have the BMWGS and other models available along with Aprilia and Honda demo bikes. Call Chris Cuomo for availability and to schedule a time. 717-766-2523.

9. Tell me more about the Ïall you can eatÓ Saturday Lunch for $2.95 at the Tuscarora State Forest Big Springs Pavilion. Great natural casing hotdogs, homemade chili sause, super burgers, side dishes, sodas and alot more. There is no attempt to Ïcheap outÓ on this meal.....we want you to have a great lunch and be happy. The Big Springs Forest Pavilion we have reserved is large, in the woods and near a stream. Restrooms are nearby. The dirt roads for the rally start 2 miles from the Pavilion.

10. I have a friend that rides a tour bike. Can he attend this event. Yes

11. Can I get an email with more photos of the dirt and street roads that will be used on this rally? Yes... PM me.

12. What else is there to see and do? Gettysburg, Hershey, Harley Museum to name a few.

13. My wife wants to attend. We expect many woman riders and attendees.

14. Is there a rally fee or pre-registration? No, but the normal event disclaimer signature is requested.

15. LetÌs see if I get this. No rally fee, a free breakfast and a near free lunch for $3....whatÌs the deal? The rally sponsor Velocity Cycles wants you to come see them for all your motorcycle needs and also attend future events.

16. Just how rustic are the campsites at Tuscarora State Forest? Call 717-536-3191 on all questions and ask for brochures. http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/st ... ing.aspxto

17. Any rain date? No

18. Where and when will the group rides form up. At the back of the Carlisle Hotel where our block of rooms are located. This will allow us enough space to organize things, stage the rides and pass out maps. Please top off your gas tank before the rides leave and again before getting to the Tuscarora State Forest Big Springs Pavilion. Dirt rides will leave Saturday at 10:30 am and 11:00 am. Tour and Sport Street rides will leave Saturday at 10:45 am and 11:15 am. This time sequence will be repeated over again starting at 11:30pm until all rides have departed.

19. Someone said there might be TV and newspaper coverage. It is possible

20. If I get lost.... who do I call....Mapbusters? Please print this promo out and take it with you so you will have all the rally info. A) If you get lost on the way to the Hotel Carlisle rally site call the hotel for directions (800) 692-7315. The second alternative is to call Velocity Cycle 717-766-2523 and ask for Chris or Bob. B) If you get lost on the way to the Tuscarora State Forest Pavilion eating stop call 717-536-319. The second alternative is Velocity Cycle 717-766-2523 and ask for Chris or Bob.

Mike

PM me on any q or if you want additional photos. See you sooooon!!  Also note ...Tiger owner Mike Hahne is heading up the late night rally entertainment for us!!!!!!

DIRT RIDE ROUTE SAMPLE PHOTOS

http://www.cbxclub.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=495

http://www.cbxclub.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=506

http://www.cbxclub.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=514

TOUR & SPORT RIDE ROUTE SAMPLE PHOTOS

http://www.cbxclub.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=508

http://www.cbxclub.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=510

http://www.cbxclub.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=512
team222 = wayyy 2 ole, 2 fat & 2 slow