News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly picture thread - Show us your T's

Started by pizzaman383, August 04, 2007, 11:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ourade

This picture was taken during a very good weekend trying to keep up with 2 Teneres, 1 F650gs and 1 F800gs on narrow/broken up lanes around Monmouthshire and the odd foray into England.
The leader Tom had a fetish for fords, but due to the weather the water levels were low.
Cheers Ade.

WVdyhrd

First triumph, first tiger, first polycylinder machine....AMAZING!!!!

Better and more pics coming soon

When all else fails, be lucky.

"...he proceeded, taking whatever road his horse pleased: for therin he believed, consisted the true spirit of adventure."- Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes

advrider->wvdyhrd

Nimrod11

This was way back in October, 09. A nice ride on a very muddy road, with river crossings and the lot.

The picture was taken somewhere around here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 34589&z=10

This is the next day, coming back along a long and deserted beach. Quite an experience to hit 100 km/h on the beach!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 08647&z=12
----------
Tiger 2004

Sin_Tiger

Nice beach shot.

You watch TV while on the road  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nimrod11

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Nice beach shot.

You watch TV while on the road  :lol:

I think I fell asleep once or twice!  :shock:
----------
Tiger 2004

Sin_Tiger

Just curious about the antenna thingy, long ride then  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nimrod11

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Just curious about the antenna thingy, long ride then  :wink:

Ah, I was wondering if anyone would ever ask...  Believe it or not, it is against kite lines! If you ever saw the film "Kite Runner", that's a bit like things here. Those things can be deadly.

I have actually had a windsurf sail ripped (and almost ripped off my car's roof rack) and a friend has had a close encounter with one while riding. He was lucky the line got caught in his helmet air vent and slid out. But not before cutting quite a groove in the helmet. Had it slipped down, would have been nasty.

In fact, the same guy got another kite line once but had an antenna this time. The antenna swung back, hit him on the helmet and cut the line.

As if we didn't have enough dangers riding bikes...   :(
----------
Tiger 2004

Sin_Tiger

That's interesting, though a bit scarry, I had never considered that. Sounds a bit like a scene from a WWII movie.

:o another farkle to add  :lol:

I only just looked at the map link, I joined a ship in Paranagua in hte late 70's and spent the next few months up and down the Brazilian coast, I was young, had money, hair and boy I had fun  :lol:

Nimrod11

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Sounds a bit like a scene from a WWII movie.

No idea what you are talking about...

----------
Tiger 2004

mikeybikey57

Finally got around to taking some decent photo's of my tigger last night. Traded my '98 Thunderbird Sport in for her back in November '08, having got somewhat frustrated by the poor fuel tank capacity, lack of weather protection and general discomfort over any real distance.  

Have since spent the last two years farkling her so that she fit's me as near as possible (thank you e-bay)and have scourced various forums to sort out any weaknesses and intrusive faults (thank you fellow Girly owners). I absolutely love the bike to bits and have done more miles in the past two years, than I did in ten years that I had the TBS.

Will now spend any spare cash putting fuel into her and getting out as often as work and family comittments allow.
There\'s no point in worrying about life, because you\'ll never get out of it alive.

SHROPSHIRELAD

Lovely looking bike............ Hi I'm also thinking of putting BMW hand guards on my 53 reg Tiger and was wondering if they were easy to fit also what is the yellow ring on the throttle grip is this part of the BMW fitting ? cheers

mikeybikey57

Hi Shropshirelad,
                         Thank you for your positive comment which I heartily agree with but then I am horribly biased.

The BMW handguards were fairly straightforward to fit, using a mix of the included fitting kit and a few extra washers to fill out the gap between the bar-end weight and the original retaining bolt.
 Also had to take a stanley knife (suitably warmed to get a neater cut) to the left hand guard so the clutch cable would comfortably pass through it.

I'd also wrap a little insulation tape around the handlebars before attaching the clamps as they will chew the paint off them when tightening up the pinch bolts.

The yellow thing is an O ring from a Caterpillar Tractor that has a new life as a cruise control ! It fits around the gap between the throttle grip and the bar end weight when in use and easily slides onto the groove around the middle of the weight when not in use. Very useful for tired right hands on long motorway runs.
There\'s no point in worrying about life, because you\'ll never get out of it alive.

WVdyhrd

ridin around takin a cpl pics with a big blue ktoomer thought i'd show em off here

"...he proceeded, taking whatever road his horse pleased: for therin he believed, consisted the true spirit of adventure."- Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes

advrider->wvdyhrd

KuzzinKenny

Hey WVdyhrd !! Nice pics !!  :thumbsup

you made that river crossin look easy, i'd be lookin for a bridge   :shock:  :lol:

KK  :oops:
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

WVdyhrd

haha it was easy, mostly rock! It would have been smoother if i was goin faster though, but first non-creek crossing on the tiger so took it easy. See a cpl pics up, that was the easiest water crossing ever

advrider->wvdyhrd