News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cornering tips

Started by 3Rider, April 19, 2006, 03:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erwinvw

I've found like most that I have no need to be as GENTLE on the Tiger as on other bikes.

It seems that I need to be really physical  and hang off really well.

I've not yet had major lean angle, but on gentle back and forth bends at around 180 or higher you can really muscle it and it seems to handle alright.

Seems that I hang off on it where on other bikes a little push or pull on the bars gets you there...

I kind of like it. Feels like you are really given er... :D

3Rider

Quote from: "TRKTEK"Hey 3Rider,

Great advice about getting additional training from professionals.......

By the way, how costly was Shannonville?

It's Just down the street from me.....

Steve

Hi Steve,

They offer one and two-day courses. I took the one-day, which cost $500 Cdn plus $100 CDN for insurance. That includes either an SV650, GSX-R  600, or an R6 plus all gear. Add another $40 for a CDROM of professional photos of yourself on the track  - - who wouldn't? :) It may sound a bit expensive but given the number of people it takes to run the thing, I don't think anyone's getting rich. Add $400 more for the 2-day course. A number of people were taking it for the second time. My own next step, if I were to invest in a track bike, would be to do track days to practice what I learned. But 1m18sec. on the Nelson circuit was perfectly good for mild-mannered old me.

- Rob
...fearful symmetri

Wrangler

"gainsay who dare"!!!!!!

excellent ML reference.  That triggered a few synapses that hadn't fired since my days as a student

Right on
I\'ve been from Tucson to Tucumcari

Tehachapi to Tonopah

Wrangler

"gainsay who dare"!!!!!!

excellent ML reference.  That triggered a few synapses that hadn't fired since my days as a student

Right on
I\'ve been from Tucson to Tucumcari

Tehachapi to Tonopah

TRKTEK

http://www.triumph-tiger.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=2425

This is the guy we should be asking about cornering tips....... :shock:
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

John Kenneth Galbraith