News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Great ride with Northeast Tiger group!

Started by used2jeep, April 23, 2006, 12:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

used2jeep

Hey everyone, I don't have any pics to share but I did want to "save a spot" for the rest of the crew that did get to take pics (I was too busy keeping up with these guys, and avoiding falling horses).

Thanks for the ride Patrick (Mudhen?)!  :smt023   Thanks for the company: Dave, Scott, Eric, Mike and Colin (no) CARLTON!  Sheesh my memory stinks!

Notes to the group: mirror extenders are here  but there was something else that I can't remember now.  

:smt102

Here is the basic route for all that couldn't make it.  I think there were about 3 other Tigers plus a Beemer...  Well, it would have been there but gdb is not allowed I guess.  :smt102  Maybe I shouldn't put it up there anyway since Patrick was the brains behind it.   :?
AF&AM, AANOMS, IBA

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: R8d8tS3bmlzLw

Mudhen

Hi U2J!   :smt039

I only took 3 pics....like you said - too busy trying to keep up.  Wait..I was first...so I guess I was too busy trying to keep whichever fuelie happened to be behind me at the time off my rear tire!

I hope we all get a chance to ride together again soon, and maybe we can get even more bikes to show up.  I now have 18 email addresses of local bikes - how awesome would that be!!!

Pat

(oh ya...post up routes or whatever you'd like...I don't mind)

At the diner:

And a couple after the dog/horse incident:

\'96 Steamer

Mudhen

I was just noticing the colors of the fuelies...they're all different!  Were we just missing a blue one?

(maybe I'm the only one that finds that pretty cool...)
\'96 Steamer

echoyankee

I want to thank Muden for the idea and organization for this ride.  Rare enough to come across tigers in these parts, rarer still to find a spectrum of them.  

GREAT roads and routing!  Roads were largely asphalt, but the weird guy from New York made it through the token "off road" portions of the ride.  

Thanks for a good ride and good company.  

Sunday's ride back to the NYC area gave my rain suit a workout and my sweetheart's hair dryer is currently drying out my gloves.  I did make it home in pretty good time and overwhelmingly dry.  

While there's already a variant of this thing posted, I figured I'd post one of my favorite shots from the day.  

Best,

echoyankee

used2jeep

I was scouting NH on Sunday in the cage with wifey and litleman.  At breakfast I picked up a brochure that lists all of the covered bridges in NH.  If I can actually find the patience to try and put the spots into Mapsource then that might be another ride.

I'll let you all know how I make out (through Pat, our fearless leader)!  At the very least I'll create a file to share out.
AF&AM, AANOMS, IBA

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: R8d8tS3bmlzLw

Mechanoligist

Gentlemen,

I would like to thank Pat and all the guys for putting this together and participating. It was a blast and I hope we can do it again shortly (minus the dog and pony show).

Regards,

Scott
Just along for the ride

jp4evr

I have a blue one, but I was riding in Sacramento... Gotta cover both coasts....

** Note to NorthEast Tiger Riders

[size=24]Take more pics [/size=24]
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

used2jeep

Quote from: "jp4evr"** Note to NorthEast Tiger Riders

Take more pics

True enough!  But I don't quite understand how.  Dumb comment I know buuuuuuuut if you're having fun on a challenging road why break the momentum?  I can understand it in the dirt though.  You need to take a few breaks there to catch your breath.

BTW - fixed your font size.
AF&AM, AANOMS, IBA

jp4evr

Quote from: "used2jeep"
Quote from: "jp4evr"** Note to NorthEast Tiger Riders

Take more pics

True enough!  But I don't quite understand how.  Dumb comment I know buuuuuuuut if you're having fun on a challenging road why break the momentum?  I can understand it in the dirt though.  You need to take a few breaks there to catch your breath.

BTW - fixed your font size.

I'm font-challenged at times.... but don't you have two hands?  One to steer and one to click?   :roll:  j/k.  

I usually try to get far enough ahead to snap pics.  But you're right, no need to stop your momentum to take pics for us on the board....

Finally a few days of sun in a row.  Woo hoo.
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

used2jeep

Quote from: "jp4evr"but don't you have two hands?  One to steer and one to click?   :roll:  j/k.  

Nope, not that good.  I was actually thinking that a lot of folks must have their camera on a RAM mount or something so that it is always out.  Or dangling on a lanyard.  Maybe I'm just too paranoid about losing the camera.   :oops:
AF&AM, AANOMS, IBA

¥TigerTamer?

All you need is a simple $35 part;

http://65.102.174.119/rammount/productd ... -B-149Z-C1

Then you mount it on your handlebars;

Then WHILE your riding you can take pics like these (They aren't always great, but they are better than nothing.)

Anyway - Your ride looked like it was a blast!  It would be soooooo Cool to get a whole pack of Tigers together and go tear up the backroads!

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

2004 Triumph Daytona 955i SE (sold)

1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 (RIP)