News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Colorado/Utah, 3 days-1200 miles....

Started by Pawk, October 06, 2003, 07:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pawk

Those who frequent ADVrider may recognize this post.  I thought I would post it here to help get things moving....

Friday September 19th I was ÎsickÌ and so I decided to take a 3 day tour of Colorado, Utah and slivers or Arizona and New Mexico.  Starting from Denver at a later than hoped 8:00 am, I headed out on I-70 west towards Utah.  The Eisenhower Tunnel and Vail pass were a tad chilly at about 40 degrees, all body parts stayed warm except for my feat.  The weather was beautiful, no clouds, amazing!!!

Here is the route:

At about the 350 mile mark I turned off I-70 never to return to the highway.

At about the 470 mark I made it to Lake Powell.

This sight was not as amazing as I thought it would be.  Having been to Moab many many times,  seeing all the water filled canyons is kinda creepy.

After waiting for a ferry to take me across the lake, I was riding again just as the sun was going down.  I made it to the campground I was shooting for under a super clear starry sky.  Ofcourse the campground was full, so I threw my tent down a few hundred feet from the road and slept.  

Woke up bright and early and headed here:

Only clipping part of Arizona and New Mexico I headed north towards CO.  Sorry no pics from this area, basically a desert÷.

Decending Yellow Jacket pass at about mile 770.

Heading north towards Lake City Colorado.

Spring Creek Pass

Slum Gullion Pass at about mile 950:  I was in the zone, taking the twisties as if I was being chased by a lion.  Around a corner to find this÷  Cowboy, 3 sheep dogs and everything.  

Stopped for the night in Lake City, amazing mountain town without all the crap of Vail, Aspen÷etc.  No cheezy commercial ski resort, not overwhelmed by dumb ass rich people in their Range Rovers, just a nice small mountain town.

Leaving Lake City:

Nothing special about this picture, I just had to stop cuz it was 28 degrees and my feet were freezing.

Heading home over Monarch Pass at about 1000 mile mark

Final stats.

Note: the max speed is obviously an error.  I would never exceed the posted speed limit, even in the desert, in the middle of nowhere, on a brand new road, with no one around.  

BigDave

Most excellent ride & PICS!!

I actually missed it over at Advrider.

QuoteFinal stats.

Note: the max speed is obviously an error. I would never exceed the posted speed limit, even in the desert, in the middle of nowhere, on a brand new road, with no one around.

:lol: right.