News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Western MA, 1-State Dualsport

Started by Mudhen, May 09, 2006, 03:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

Sunday, May 21.

Any takers?

Here's the advrider thread:  http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125430

Looking for some support from you Northeast Tiger riders.  I hate picking up my bike by myself!   :roll:
\'96 Steamer

Mechanoligist

Sorry Mudhen,

Right now I am knobby impaired, But have a ball. Looking forward to another ride with the Tigers.
Just along for the ride

Mudhen

Quote from: "Mechanoligist"Looking forward to another ride with the Tigers.

Ya...we should put something together.  Where to next?  Maine?
\'96 Steamer

BRanstead

if you head up to central/northern maine add "the Golden Road" to the list.  Itll take you all the way around Baxter State Park.  watch out for those logging trucks though, they dont stop for no one!...and those darned check-point stations too with there chains (different roads).  good times

Mudhen

Quote from: "BRanstead"if you head up to central/northern maine add "the Golden Road" to the list.  Itll take you all the way around Baxter State Park.  watch out for those logging trucks though, they dont stop for no one!...and those darned check-point stations too with there chains (different roads).  good times

That would be great...except bikes aren't allowed.

:smt022
\'96 Steamer

BRanstead

you cant have bikes IN baxter park, but the golden road goes AROUND and partly thru (ithink) but its not state owned.  The state did get rights for the public to access the road though.

there are so many trails thru that area its crazy.  My fiancee and our friend drove for 9 hrs cutting across the state through those dirt roads.  They are the only way to get to the appalachian trail half of the time.

besides just remember, "Its not a bike, its a street legal ATV"

Mudhen

All paper company roads are closed to bikes.  Including the Golden Road.
\'96 Steamer

used2jeep

The Golden Road is a local name given to a logging road that can take you to extremely remote regions in and around the Park. There is a fee in order to access this road, but it is well worth the fee to see very remote areas.  Because of the remote nature of this road, only automobiles in excellent working order are advised to be used.  A breakdown could mean a long time without assistance, and cell phone reception is poor.

from a google search of ""the golden road" maine"
AF&AM, AANOMS, IBA

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: R8d8tS3bmlzLw