News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What I will do on my holidays...

Started by Patrick, May 17, 2006, 09:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Not a genuine ride report - more like an announcement of an upcoming ride (I'm too excited so I can't resist to post this in order to make you jealous...  :twisted:  ):

Between Ascention Day and Whitsuntide I will have my first motorcycle holidays this year:

It's starting with a three-day all-over-Germany motorcycle ride-in in the area of N?rnberg (about 150 persons) on Ascention Day. Many mates and girls I haven't seen for a year, nice riedeouts, lots of talk and barrels of cheap booze.

After that I want to explore some of the areas behind the former Iron Curtain: Czech Republic, Slovakian Republic and Poland. (The wife and the kids will be on some mediterrainian island at the same time.)

And one week after that I will have another go in trying to improve my offroad skills. I booked some offroad lessons especially for big fat giant trailies (in German they are called "Dickschiffe" - the fattest vessels of a fleet). It is organized by the motorcycle workshop that helps me to build my new poject.  I hope to take part with this project and post pics afterwards... You are allowed to be curious... ;)

There is a video of the last year's training I like to present to you:

http://www.rielo.de/utilities/MotobauDST.wmv (22 MB) I watched it about a hundred times and can watch it another hundred times. Can't await the training to start.

Have fun!

Patrick

¥TigerTamer?

OK.

I'm jealous!

One of these days.........................when I somehow become rich - I will bring my Tigger to Europe and come ride with you all. :D

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

2004 Triumph Daytona 955i SE (sold)

1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 (RIP)

TRKTEK

And all those folks in Europe are jealously hoping to become rich and come rip around Colorado  :D
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Brother Number One

Enjoy the fat ship!  :shock:
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Mudhen

WOW!  I wish we had something like that around here.  The only one I know about in the states is Jimmy Lewis...and he's 2k miles from me.

Is that the same class you took on your fuelie?
\'96 Steamer

Patrick

Quote from: "Mudhen"Is that the same class you took on your fuelie?

No, it isn't. But it's very similar to it.

Big DS bikes are very popular here. (The best-selling bike several years in a row was and is the GS). Although offroading in Germany is very restricted, there are lots of enduro schools that offer a special training for those fat ships ;)

...including BMW itself! The "BMW Enduro Park Hechlingen" is famous for it! And it's the only training where you can rent "fat ships" especially for that training. But BMW is pricy...

Have fun!

Patrick

Patrick

Hi there,

although I can't present to you any pics from Slovakia at this moment, there are more than 1,000 pics from the "fat ship" enduro class online.

There is not so much text, mainly pics, pics, pics and some other pics.

The pics are divided into 5 cathegories:

"Seepferdchen" - rookies

"Basic-Gruppe" - basics

"Erwachsene" - adults

"Die Strecke" - the track  

"Sonstige Bilder" - miscellaneous pics

Take a look at: http://tigerserver.dyndns.org/pix/DST_06/index2.html

Have fun!

Patrick