News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How about another late summer ride up MT. Washington, NH

Started by Tallerman, July 25, 2006, 04:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tallerman

I am interested in setting up or joining a weekend ride up Mt. Washington in New Hampshire. I have seen other rides to the peak but am interested in a late August or September one day trek with some gravel roads and the like thrown in.

Mudhen, you listening? Mechanologist? Echoyankee? Used2jeep?

I won't be on my 05 Silver Tiger. Triumph decided to replace it with an 06 Blue Tiger after the engine ate itself and sent me onto the deck. The broken kneecap is healing and I am anxious to get back on board.

Let's try to avoid suicidal horses and psychotic dogs this time.
06 Caspian Blue Tiger

81R80G/S

Mechanoligist

Great to hear from you!  I am glad that everything seems to have turn out well.  Count me in.  

Scott
Just along for the ride

Tallerman

I PM'd Mudhen. He is on board too. I think he's still got the list of NE Tigers so we might be able to put together several riders.

Yes, things seem to be turning out OK for me with the wrecked Tiger.

Glad you are interested--and I am also interested in some of the additions you've made to your Tiger.

As far as a date for this ride--how about choosing among Aug. 26, Sept. 2, and Sept. 9. There's sure to be conflicts with some of those dates, but we should be able to find a good time for all.
06 Caspian Blue Tiger

81R80G/S

Mudhen

I'm most likely not in.

9/8-10 is the Advrider CroMag campout.  Which equals a 3 day kitchen pass for me...camping, drinking, dirt-ing.  My once a year get away from the family and break my bike ride.  No way would I get a pass for any day close to that...

I'll try to get that email out to the Tiger group, though.  And maybe if you do it on 9/9 you could make a weekend of it and attend CroMags!

Pat
\'96 Steamer

Mechanoligist

Where is everyone gone?
Just along for the ride

erwinvw

Not committing because of an erratic work schedule however, I'd love to come down from Nova Scotia...

need to have a dealer service prior to that, but having trouble getting it done.

I've  a new front tire, and chain and sprockets..... Good excuse for me to order the cee-baileys and try it long distance.

DEFINATLEY wont be going with just the Triumph tall screen!

September is better for me, in fact the later the better and I can try my heated vest.

I might be able to scrounge up a couple of D/S riders from up this way too. :D

Erwin

Mudhen

Quote from: "Mechanoligist"Where is everyone gone?

Last I heard everyone got GSs and sold off their Tigers...it's just us guys left...
\'96 Steamer

Tallerman

Ah, Hell. Join us on your new GS and bring the new owner of your old Tiger along. He or she probably needs the experience.

Looks like later in September might be the best time. If there's more interest in the 16th, 23rd, or 30th of September, let's go then. This isn't an assault on Alaska: it's just a good day ride with some NE altitude.

Bring your Gerbing, though.
06 Caspian Blue Tiger

81R80G/S

Mudhen

\'96 Steamer

looch

Just got the email - strong possibilty.

8-10, out - at Cromag's. 16-17, out - moose hunting.
Looch

used2jeep

...but it depends on these items. 1 - new baby, 2 - I would like to do the Cromag as well since I missed the Hot Springs Rendezvous.  

I think it would be a great ideaa to combine it with the Cromag.  I don't believe that it is too distant.   :D

Nice old school pic Patrick!
AF&AM, AANOMS, IBA

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: R8d8tS3bmlzLw

used2jeep

BTW - If anyone has a spare mirror head (left side but I think they are identical) - how much for it?  Or maybe one that has the same threads?  Something tipped over when the GPS "road" I was on turned into an ATV trail...   :oops:
AF&AM, AANOMS, IBA

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: R8d8tS3bmlzLw

Tallerman

Looks as if we should go on Sept. 23rd. That's two weeks sobering up time after CroMag and before the serious snow flies on the mountain.

A rider on the yahoo tiger forum has in mind a nice curvy gravel road in the vicinity of Mt. Washington for a bit more fun.

How many are in for September 23rd?
06 Caspian Blue Tiger

81R80G/S

Mechanoligist

Count me in. Rather ride in 45 degrees than 90!
Just along for the ride

used2jeep

I think the Sept. 23 is a strong possibility.
AF&AM, AANOMS, IBA