News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How about another late summer ride up MT. Washington, NH

Started by Tallerman, July 25, 2006, 04:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

echoyankee

I have NOT gone and bought a GS.  

Thanks to Mudhen for the email.  

I plead 'fog of work.'  Big deadline recently met and now have about 3 days before a trip overseas.  

Still Tiger-ing back and forth to work.  

This whole 955i autodigesting itself thing blows me away.  I can't believe that this actually happened and ended up causing a fairly serious injury.  

Maybe this bike was the proverbial black cat that also attracted odd animals.  Or did these animals, with their sharpened sense of hearing, know in advance that the bike was going to autodigest itself.  Were they trying to warn us....

<blink><blink>

Uh, nevermind.  

I'll try to find some layers and catch up with you for the Sep23 ride.  

Best,

echoyankee

Tallerman

I have 4 or 5 people interested in September 23rd for a MT. Washington ride. We are still a go.

Keep checking this thread and I will post a meeting place and time.

I'm Jazzd
06 Caspian Blue Tiger

81R80G/S

used2jeep

Depends on my broken wrist.  Probably 75% no but I will check back.
AF&AM, AANOMS, IBA

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: R8d8tS3bmlzLw

echoyankee

Alas.  The calendar has bitten me in the behind.  I'm going to have to miss out on the Mt. Wash ride.  

Regrets,

echoyankee

Mudhen

Quote from: "used2jeep"Depends on my broken wrist.  Probably 75% no but I will check back.

Uh oh...what happened?  I thought you were going up to CroMags - or did it happen up there?
\'96 Steamer

used2jeep

Quote from: "Mudhen"Uh oh...what happened?  I thought you were going up to CroMags - or did it happen up there?
Nope, I was going to go CroMag but I broke my wrist in several places playing softball.  Out of work, no driving, for 4 more weeks.  http://picasaweb.google.com/used2jeep
AF&AM, AANOMS, IBA

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: R8d8tS3bmlzLw

Mechanoligist

What is up gentlemen?
Just along for the ride

Tallerman

I will be leaving Bedford MA at about 7:00 AM (Rte 3 and 128) on Saturday for Mt. Washington. I hope to meet as many of you as possible at the visitor's Center at Mt. Washington at 10:30 AM.

I was at Mt. Washington a week and a half ago and wasn't allowed to ride my Tiger on the Mountain because of ice on the road. So I don't know whether we will be able to ride up the mountain or not. But that area has some great roads (Kankamankus [sp] highway, the Hurricane Mtn road, other roads.) So even if the mountain is closed to us, we will have some great riding.

If I am the only one there by 10:45, I will ride alone.

If you can join me in Bedford MA at about 7:00 am or Manchester NH about 8:00 AM  send me a PM and let me know.

Otherwise, I will see you at the visitor's center.

This Saturday may be the last great Saturday for riding the roads of New Hampshire before the leaf peepers and the cold makes it intolerable. I hope to see you there.

Tallerman
06 Caspian Blue Tiger

81R80G/S

Tallerman

Well, at least I tried. I left Bedford MA as planned at 0700 and rode into four hours of solid rain. At two and a half hours in, just about to rte 153, I gave up and sped home. Even if I had made it to MT. Washington, the road would have been closed to motorcycles and there would have been no view at all.

Miserable weather but, perversely, a nice ride. My rain gear kept me mostly dry, the Tiger held the road very well on the Anakees (if anyone should make a bike that works well in the rain, it should be the Brits). There wasn't much traffic and I found some fine back roads.

My apologies to any martyr who got the the visitor's center and found me not there. Who sat waiting, miserable and damp, cold, alone, and bereft.

:roll:

I will wait until June 07 to set up another ride in July 07.
06 Caspian Blue Tiger

81R80G/S

Mudhen

I was there...waiting...

(you don't know any different now, do you...)

There's still the Bayley Hazen ride - anyone interested in riding some dirt in the Northeast Kingdom of VT????  10/7-8.  It's posted over on advrider for anyone interested.

New England Tiger riders.

In.
\'96 Steamer

used2jeep

Quote from: "Mudhen"I was there...waiting...

(you don't know any different now, do you...)

There's still the Bayley Hazen ride - anyone interested in riding some dirt in the Northeast Kingdom of VT????  10/7-8.  It's posted over on advrider for anyone interested.

New England Tiger riders.

In.
I may actually be able to physically ride by then!   :D
AF&AM, AANOMS, IBA

Tallerman

Geez, Mudhen,

That sounds pathetic. Now I feel terrible, picturing you there at the visitor's center waiting, hoping, looking at your watch, studying the underside of the old steam car that was the first motorized vehicle to drive to the top, looking outside cheerfully any time a motorcycle passes by, even smiling at the three surly Harley dudes that filed out of the bathroom.

Then sighing, cursing softly, slowly donning your wet gear, looking once more at the clouded in mountain. Riding home, disappointed, damp, and depressed.

:smt022  :oops:

I would ride the 10/7 ride but I will be in NM for a wedding.

Anything else cooking for a leaf peeper season ride?
06 Caspian Blue Tiger

81R80G/S

Mudhen

We peeped some leaves up in VT...

So that's a wrap, huh?  The end of '06?

You guys that are close should come up to Redhook on 11/7 for the RAT get together...
\'96 Steamer

Tallerman

Mudhen,

Great photos. I rode through snow flurries this morning just west of Keene. The leaves were all blowing around like senile dervishes having a deadly second childhood.

This is the first I've heard about a 11/7 RAT in Redhook. On a Tuesday? I would be game if it were a weekend, but I will be working with the IRS in DC on the 7th. RATS!

I have decided to keep riding and get at least one ride in every month year round.

Tallerman
06 Caspian Blue Tiger

81R80G/S

Mudhen

Quote from: "Tallerman"Mudhen,

Great photos. I rode through snow flurries this morning just west of Keene. The leaves were all blowing around like senile dervishes having a deadly second childhood.

This is the first I've heard about a 11/7 RAT in Redhook. On a Tuesday? I would be game if it were a weekend, but I will be working with the IRS in DC on the 7th. RATS!

I have decided to keep riding and get at least one ride in every month year round.

Tallerman

You rode yesterday?

Psycho.  Did you have to jump any fallen trees?

I'm up to 43 months in a row...but this could be it for me.  Our new driveway is a pretty steep dirt hill - once it gets some snow on it, it'll be there until spring   :cry:
\'96 Steamer