News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How about another late summer ride up MT. Washington, NH

Started by Tallerman, July 25, 2006, 04:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tallerman

Mudhen,

43 months straight is impressive.

With that new tractor you should be able to clear a path all the way into the dirt/gravel. Your Tiger should be able to make it fine.

Yep, rode yesterday through all those 50 knot gusts. The Tiger sits tall and I sit taller, but it's a heavy bike and surprisingly stable in the wind.

I didn't have to dodge falling limbs, but I did have to swerve to avoid some erratic birds and I took a large plastic garbage bag directly into the face. An exciting moment as I rode blind for about a tenth of a mile while I got the plastic away from me. (I think it would have been hilarious to  have a video of me trying to clear that garbage bag off my face. It got hung up on the windscreen so it kept blowing back into my face as fast as I could sweep it away.)

The new 06 Tiger is running fine. It still has a hard vibration above 5000 rpm but it's not as bad as it was 2000 miles ago. Above 7000 rpm the vibration is very harsh so I keep the revs down--Damn, above 7 grand is where the fun starts.

I hope I don't have to prove their worth, but I just received some custom air mesh Kevlar pants. Now I need some warm weather to try them out.

I made another trip to Mt. Washington a few weeks ago but I just didn't have enough time/daylight to ride to the top. I am still jazzed to make that ride happen. I will suggest it to Second Wind as an outreach ride for June. They are looking for ways to be a center for the NH riding community (I sound like a marketing geek).

What's this about a RAT ride in November?
06 Caspian Blue Tiger

81R80G/S

Mudhen

Quote from: "Tallerman"What's this about a RAT ride in November?

Not a ride...just a get together.  Some people were asking about trying to get together once a month and this is the first installment.

It's this coming Tuesday 11/7, 6pm.

Actually, I've been thinking about blowing off work one day and riding somewhere....like Lubec, or Fort Kent.  Maybe Tuesday would be a good day - then finish at RedHook.

Anyone interested in having lunch in the Easternmost town in the US?  Or chancing the predicted 'snow showers' and trying to hit Fort Kent?

Anyone...anyone...Buellor...
\'96 Steamer

used2jeep

As normal, I'm a day late and a dollar short.  

I'll catch most of you next spring anyway, hopefully.   Anyone using Pelican cases on their rides here?  Interested in mounting options, it seems the SW-Motech is the best way to go.
AF&AM, AANOMS, IBA

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: R8d8tS3bmlzLw

Mechanoligist

Any New England riders thinking about doing the Tiger ride in in Penn.  this June?
Just along for the ride

used2jeep

I'll have to look it up.  Is it on the RAT site?
AF&AM, AANOMS, IBA

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: R8d8tS3bmlzLw

Mudhen

I'm considering it.  I just need to wait until it gets closer to make definite plans.

U2J, the website is here:  http://www.nittanyroadriders.com/TRIn/PA2007.htm

Pat
\'96 Steamer

Mechanoligist

Thanks for the Link Pat.  Let me know when you decide.
Just along for the ride

Mudhen

Tallerman...you coming?

Oh ya...sorry...forgot... :lol:

Sure would be great having a big northeast contingent for the ride down!
\'96 Steamer

mikethewelder

Hey Pat! It's me, Notmike. How have you been? I'm thinking about heading down to this gathering. Maybe we can ride down together.

used2jeep

Thanks folks!  I may be in.  the "may" comes into place because a cross country ride is the hopeful target for this year.  If it doesn't work out then I should be able to sneak out for a long weekend.
AF&AM, AANOMS, IBA