News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger on the Great Divide

Started by twotaildog, August 14, 2006, 10:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twotaildog

I just finished a weblog of riding the Great Divide on my Triumph Tiger. My buddy was on a DRZ. I'll post a link below for those who are interested. At the end og the story are some details of the mods I've made to the Tiger. The ride was ~2600 miles long, within 20 miles of the continental divide of the USA the whole way. We crossed the continental divide 27 times. For those of you who may not be familiar with North American geography, the Gontinental Divide, also known as the Great Divide, refers to the ridge of the Rocky Mountains. West of the divide, the water runs west, and east of the divide the water runs east.

Here is the link:

http://www.twotaildog.com/Motorcycling_ ... _Intro.htm

If that link doesn't work because it's too long or something, you can go to my homepage at www.twotaildog.com and follow the links from there.

enjoy,

Kevin

navajo oshley

Wow!!  Thanks for sharing your ride with us.

geotiger

Kevin,

I think I met you in the McDonalds in Liberal, Kansas when you were on your way back home.  I had the 05 Orange Tiger and was asking you about your trip.

Good story.

Nathan
"The one thing we can learn from history is that we don\'t learn from history." - Shaw

Mudhen

:smt118

Insanely jealous of your trip.  LOVE that you took the Tiger on it - I signed up for the GDR Yahoo group awhile back and was wondering how one would make out on it.  I guess fine!

Pat
\'96 Steamer

twotaildog

Quote from: "geotiger"Kevin,

I think I met you in the McDonalds in Liberal, Kansas when you were on your way back home.  I had the 05 Orange Tiger and was asking you about your trip.

Good story.

Nathan

I remember meeting you. Glad you enjoyed the story.

twotaildog

Quote from: "Mudhen":smt118

Insanely jealous of your trip.  LOVE that you took the Tiger on it - I signed up for the GDR Yahoo group awhile back and was wondering how one would make out on it.  I guess fine!

Pat

I was a little concerned with taking the Tiger in the beginning, but it was what I had, so it was what I took. In some places the Tiger was excellent, in some places it was too heavy and had too little ground clearance, but it always managed to get me through. A good skidplate is essential, in some rocky areas I hade to ride the skidplate over the big rocks. In the end I was happy that I took the Tiger.

Spaikid

Thanks for sahre your adventur with the net ......

I want to make the trip ... maybe it's a littlebit far away from me.

Can you send to mey traks and route ? I have also a Garmin Mapsource .....

Tnx

Spaikid
Un giorno resuscitero\'

in effetti mi sorprendo gesu\' ci ha messo solo 3 giorni,

io che sono l \' evoluzione ci sto mettendo piu\' del previsto