News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

DURANGO Tiger Ride-In

Started by TigerTrax, September 20, 2006, 04:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

The DURANGO Ride-In was special!

Gorgeous roads!  Terrific folks!

Brutal rain, hail, wind, sleet, snow .....

just what a Tiger rider adores!

Test your mettle when the weather goes sour ..... and hope you are on a Tiger. Steady, Reliable, and power in the high gears to pull you thru without downshifting.

Those in the area who passed on this event missed an opportunity to meet some fine folks.

To those who joined us..... Thank You ... we'll see you again!

Next Tiger Ride-In       Oct 12-14 2006     Jasper, AR

Always a terrific time!

Jerry
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Speed3guy

Thanks for putting it together!  I rode over 5000 miles in SW CO this summer.  Although it was the shortest one for me, this ride was the best one.

Guy

TigerTrax

Thanks, Guy...

It was evident you and John are RIDERS and we were glad to have you join us.... we'll all hook up again.

We'll see you again...... Keep the roads clean for us!

BTW.... my wife Jane had a great time! Her first trip .... she said it was the hardest thing she ever did ... Riding pillion.... but she did it!  ( 600 miles the 2nd day! )

SavageTodd

When I close my eyes I can still see the awesome twisty mountain roads laid out before me on the many mountain passes we were able to ride. This trick came in handy on the mostly flat plains during the 1400mi ride home.

Great roads,new friends,fabulous mountain landscapes.

Found the ultimate 16% grade twisty road which we rode several times and smiled more after each one.

Tried a run up Engineers pass, Next time lets go all the way over.
2000 Tiger 900 - Black

2000 Vstar 1100 classic

TripleFan

I had hoped to be there but work and time just didn't allow. Course as it turns out the Tiger is down and out at the moment anyway...  :smt022 Sounds like it was a hoot. Sorry I missed it.
Triplefan

2005 Tiger

XS850LG

XS850G

Patrick the Scot

Thanks Jerry, for putting together a great Ride-In.  I can tell you that, of all the times I have ridden the San Juan Mnts, this was the best!  It really makes a man feel ALIVE when faced with sleat, snow, and near freezing temps on Lizard Head Pass.  Honestly.  I had more fun riding in the challenging elements than I thought possible.  I look forward to seeing you all down the road.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

TigerTrax

My first REALLY bad weather ride was across the South Dakota plains.

A 3+ hour ride in a pouring downpour; Brutal cross winds; Lightning and Hail!

At 10:30 pm I pulled into a truck stop and waited until 12:30am and rode

2 hours pacing my way while tornados moved thru the area.

When I pulled into a small motel ...... I just grinned.... and said to myself,

That was a ride!

This trip was no different..... just everything rolled into one.... I loved it;

my wife ( riding on back ) said that was really something!

Thanks Patrick ...... you were a great addition .... look forward to doing it again!

Jerry

fano

here are some pics from Salt Lake City to Durango and back.Thanks Jerry for organizing this fun event.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankzabk ... /my_photos

BULLman

Quote from: "fano"here are some pics from Salt Lake City to Durango and back.Thanks Jerry for organizing this fun event.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankzabk ... /my_photos

Really nice pics 8)   Wished I could of been there, but I had to work ](*,)

Looks like you had a good time.
BULLman

\'02 Tiger

JOHNNY G

Thanks all for such a great time. The knarly weather made it perfect. I hit more snow coming into Breckenridge on the way home. I wanted to hear more about the ride up Engineer Pass. I was real close to turning around and following you. Skylar, my foot pegs rock. :D  If you don't have steel cleated foot pegs your tiger, it is weak:!: It looks like the trip over to Moab got a little muddy. You lucky dogs. It looks like those Euro knobbies weren't quite enough for the Utah slime. Lets get the trip over to Utah next year. I really want to get into the canyon lands and deserts. It was so great to meet you all. It is neat how fast you can have a new little family. I was wondering how everyone was doing getting home the rest of the weekend. Can't wait to get together again.

John
Johnny G

2002 Dew Green- Triumph Tiger

TigerTrax

Skylar - Frank ...... Can we put togeher a UTAH ride for '07??

Here is our scheduled events in '07:

MAYBE ... Spring ( March ) '07  Death VAlley .... when flowers are blooming and the stench of Helter Skelter gets washed away again!

( I need some help on that one ) Photo - ops!!!

-late June: Pennsylvania - PA Grand Canyon area. It's a done deal!

So all you Tiger freaks in the NE and Mid-Atlantic make your plans

we'll see who talks and who walks!

-Late July; Idaho - lolo Trail ... this is going to be remote; Camping; Backroads/trail riding ( Sasquatch is laying this one out ... cinch up your undies and bring extrras!)

-August - Zip

-Sept- Zip

-Oct Jasper, AR

In MAy I will be traveling California Coast ....

In '07 .... we'll find out which Tiger riders are travelers too!

georover1

QuoteSkylar - Frank ...... Can we put togeher a UTAH ride for '07??

Frank and I actually had that discussion after we rode some great roads to and in Moab. We think it would be a perfect local.  The scenery is awesome. I would like to help set something up like that and I'm sure Frank would be interested.

By the way Frank thanks for posting those pics i didn't get any of your bike on its side in the mud. That was fun I'm just glad you didn't get hurt.

I'm also glad you went first so i knew what not to do ;) I still haven't washed my bike it just looks to good dirty.

Thanks Jerry for all your hard work Durango was a lot of fun especially meeting everyone.

Also thanks JohnnyG for the foot peg praise I'm glad you like them.
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "georover1"
QuoteSkylar - Frank ...... Can we put togeher a UTAH ride for '07??

Frank and I actually had that discussion after we rode some great roads to and in Moab. We think it would be a perfect local.

I'm in for a Moab Ride-In, all the way!  

I've never made over to Moab, but I sure would like to sometime soon.

With better planning, I won't have to do short circut my trip and get to ride more with you fellas.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

SavageTodd

MY ride home was brutal with the intense cross-winds ALL the way home. I could actually see the wear pattern on my rear nobby thinner on the left side which I had to lean into. And yes Frank, my rear tire is near completely worn down now.

Georover - Those pegs are great. Look tough and function even better. Sometimes they felt like the only thing keeping me on the Tiger
2000 Tiger 900 - Black

2000 Vstar 1100 classic

TigerTrax

Todd... We'll see you in Jasper, AR  at the Tiger Ride-IN  Oct 12-14.

Registrations are building fast ....

I guarantee ..... you will learn to ride the Twisties in Arkansas!!

..... Yep that's your license plate you're looking at .... hehehe

As for you other Tiger riders .... come join in the fun!

TigerTrax