News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Picos de Europa, Pyrenees, Alps, Vosges - photos

Started by ChrisN, September 28, 2006, 02:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisN

A couple of weeks ago I arrived back from a great trip on my Tiger around the Picos de Europa, Pyrenees, Alps, and Vosges. Since then I've been busy sorting through over a thousand photos! You may be glad to hear I've editted the web collection down to a couple of hundred which can be viewed HERE. Try the slide-show option and let me know what you think.

For anyone out there who hasn't yet visited the Picos de Europa you must do so - it was fabulous!

The Pyrenees offer superb riding too! Overall it was another fantastic trip blessed with great weather. Having now visited the Alps twice this year I've got to say the earlier tour in June offered better scenery with the snow, but the riding was equally good on both trips. The Vosges was great too, but I'd recommend riding this area on the way down to the Alps and not on the way home as I did. The Alps kind of "top the bill" for me so anything less so soon after tends to be just plain hilly!

Finally, does this qualify as the lowest mountain pass ? It's situated on the mediterranean coast on the French/Spanish border.

Chris

tonyb

It was very good to see so much from your trip. I will be doing more or less the same trip next may with two mates. But will be camping as well. We have all booked 3 weeks off work, After looking at your photos not sure weather to go back to work after the 3 weeks of keep going,

Any way thanks for taking the time to show us your trip. :smt023
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

Mudhen

:smt038

Absolutely breathtaking.  Can't imagine how awesome that ride must have been...or how many stops you must have made to get all those pics!

Thanks!

Pat
\'96 Steamer

Speed3guy

Wow!  That's beautiful!  Someday I'm going to have to follow in your tracks.

Guy

ChrisN

Quote from: "Mudhen":smt038

Absolutely breathtaking.  Can't imagine how awesome that ride must have been...or how many stops you must have made to get all those pics!

Thanks!

Pat

The best bit is I get to ride most of the route twice !  8)

Spotting photo locations on first pass, then going back to take the shots.
Chris

Green Lantern

eLo

Quote from: ChrisNA couple of weeks ago I arrived back from a great trip on my Tiger around the Picos de Europa, Pyrenees, Alps, and Vosges. Since then I've been busy sorting through over a thousand photos! You may be glad to hear I've editted the web collection down to a couple of hundred which can be viewed HERE. Try the slide-show option and let me know what you think.

For anyone out there who hasn't yet visited the Picos de Europa you must do so - it was fabulous!

The Pyrenees offer superb riding too! Overall it was another fantastic trip blessed with great weather. Having now visited the Alps twice this year I've got to say the earlier tour in June offered better scenery with the snow, but the riding was equally good on both trips. The Vosges was great too, but I'd recommend riding this area on the way down to the Alps and not on the way home as I did. The Alps kind of "top the bill" for me so anything less so soon after tends to be just plain hilly!

Finally, does this qualify as the lowest mountain pass ? It's situated on the mediterranean coast on the French/Spanish border.

[img]http]

gatling

Great shots!  Love the color of that Triumph.   Did you have any problems with your Tiger on this trip?
Gatling

www.motofoto.cc

2006 KLR 650

2006 Tiger