News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Swing Arm

Started by gsp0702, October 04, 2006, 02:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsp0702

All,

Triumph seem to be having difficulty aupplying a new swing arm for an insurance repair on my 955i Tiger i am one of at least four customers waiting for this on back order, i have been waiting since end June/beginning of July, One order placed at the beginning of June. At the moment i have been told two monthes but they are not guaranteeing that all a bit woolyfrom Triumphs end. Add to this that during previous conversations i have been told 4 weeks i am beginning not to believe them. Anyway i would be interested to hear from others who have same part on back order what they have been told..

Cheers

Andy

geoff

Sorry to hear you are having this problem. A couple of weeks after taking delivery of my 2006 Tiger I noticed it did not have the tool kit fitted. It took me about 2 months to get this tool kit because they did not have one in Australia. Initially I was only contacting my local Triumph dealer, but only managed to get some real action happening when I contacted the Triumph Australia warranty manager directly. Fortunately I had his email contact because I asked a warranty question soon after getting the bike and the warranty manager answered my email. From my experience if you are having problems and your point of contact is a local dealer try contacting Triumph head office (in your country) directly to bypass the middle man. It certainly helped in my case.

gsp0702

Triumph in the UK are surprisingly useless, and its them i am getting the vague and unhelpful oh about two monthes which has gone up from the original 4 weeks over 2 monthes ago. Afteraales and customer services at Triumph have generally been rude and obnoxious i'm sure if i rang to say what great bikes they are they would happily talk to me but as i have a problem, generally there attitude is foxtrot oscar.

So not that it will do anygood but a snotty letter is on its way. Dealers on the other hand polite and helpful and as exasperated as i am.

tyrebyter

Sounds like Triumph is waiting on a vendor to make one; I'd bet they buy the swingarm from Brembo or some other supplier of castings. I'd start looking for alternatives, like used parts, '05-'06 parts or total the bike and start over. Triumph is probably at the mercy of their vendor but they should at least be up-front about it and start exploring alternatives.
\'01 Camo Tiger

\'98 Speed Triple