News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fredericksburg from Austin

Started by Homeskillet, November 26, 2003, 01:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homeskillet

I made the ride yesterday, departing Austin at 1400. I took MOPAC south to Highway 290 westbound. The road was in great condition and the traffic was light. Many of the trees are starting to turn color and since we had a freeze the night before it was a brisk ride.  I spent the evening with my wife's family and returned this afternoon. While I was at the farm I took a quick ride out Cave Creek road and into town for a diversion. For the ride home I went east on highway 290 and turned north on highway 281 through Marble Falls and Burnet. I stopped for a break at the airport in Burnet and took a couple photos. I continued my ride home on highway 29 through Leander and Georgetown,  the south on IH 35 for Pflugerville. The Tiger turned a lot of heads, you just don't see very many of these beauties around Central Texas! It was a great ride and one that I would reccomend for a fun get away.
I Would Hope To Tell Thee Thusly

Homeskillet

Here is a photo of me taken in Fredicksburg, Tx this afternoon.

t_2m

Yea Texas Hill Country.  There was a point in my life where I spent every vacation for 15 years exploring those hills between Austin and New Braunfels. Camping early at Travis Lake (Hippie Hollw), the Perdanalles River, Cayon Lake, Guadeloupe St. Park and a few others.

He is talking about great riding. And when you're not riding, the food, the  local beer,  beautiful float streams and the music  are reason enough to go. Get a big free book from the Texas Tourist Bureau and check it out.

Steve

Homeskillet

This really is a great area to ride, there are many motorcycle riders in and around Central Texas who have discovered some of the off the beaten track treasures of the Hill Country. I will try to post some of those rides in the months to come. I usually bring along a digital camera and will be glad to post some photos as well!

TigerTrax

Homeskillet, t_2m, hope you'll bring a Texas & Louisiana 'invasion' to the Tiger Ride-In late spring 2004 ... We're looking for 50 Tigers ... I think we're gonna get 'em!

watch for details at EVENTS topic area this site.

SKillet... check out my custom windscreen for my Volcanic Red Steamer.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Homeskillet

TigerTrax,

I think a pack of Tigers would be a hoot and look forward to the oppertunity to participate. I check the events page every time I log in.

I have seen the mods you made with the windscreen, good job!