News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Another lonely day riding solo....

Started by ChrisN, November 03, 2006, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisN

I was prompted to post these pictures by reading the comments of Tiger owners in another thread about the pros and cons riding solo.

Yesterday the weather was perfect so I took off to the Lakes. Cold, but not a breath of wind, or a cloud in the sky. Too good to miss.

Heading over Hardknott Pass

Heading up to Wasdale Head

Wastwater where I stopped for lunch, there wasn't a sound. Solitude makes you think...

"Some days its OK to be a Billy !"
Chris

DanoDawg

Chris,

Thought I better comment on your Great Ride.

It was like a mini vacation for me. Pretty cold here lately, hope to get out soon. Love that beautiful blue Tiger of yours. 8)  

Dan
\'06 Tiger

PeteBrooks

I left the UK to live near the French/Swiss alps. Seeing these pics reminds me  of the scenery round 'ere. Superb....

haulin' daze

Nice pics. I commute on my Tiger as often as possible. On the rare occasion I get to ride for fun, i'm all alone. For me being alone with the bike and open road is a major reason I started riding. It gives me a chance to unwind, relax and get away from everything, if only for a couple hours.

Sofalofa2005

Amen Daze! Couldn't agree more...

Never feel lonely though Chris on me' bike...

Stretch

If I had wanted to be with somebody, I wouldn't haven ridden the bike...

Advwannabe

Nice pics Chrisn, A few hours away in that country on a good bike would wash off a lot of stress.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

tigerhund

I see that I am not the only one who likes the solitude of riding alone.  Not that I am antisocial, but when I spend 99% of my time with other people, it is a real pleasure to be on the road alone with my bike.  There is truly nothing like it, except perhaps being alone in freefall, which is another matter altogether.

Stretch

Quote from: "tigerhund"Not that I am antisocial...

I am.

flyingpackman

I'm with you.  Solo=peace and quiet
LP

Tallerman

After my original Tiger died and while my kneecap knit back together over the summer, my wife decided that I needed to get back on a motorcycle as soon as possible. I, apparently, was not the best company, a bit anxious and antsy. Now that i am riding my new blue Tiger,she worries I will have a more serious accident but after seeing me without my Saturday/Sunday sanity ride, she said she missed the man who recovered from a tough week with several hours on the Tiger.

I think she's onto something.
06 Caspian Blue Tiger

81R80G/S