News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Getting the beast on the center stand...!!!

Started by Pawk, October 21, 2003, 10:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pawk

What a PITA!!!!   :twisted:

I am hoping there is some secret I am not aware of that makes getting this thing on the center stand a little easier.

Basically, I grab the front brake and get a rocking motion going, stand on the foot mount thats on the stand, let go of the brake and pull back.  It usually takes a few cycles before I get it.   ](*,)

I am 6'2" 200lbs...  this seems like it should be easier.

Maybe I'm just a wimp....    :oops:

BigDave

This took a few trial & error for me too.

Left hand on left grip.  Right hand on passenger peg bracket.  Right foot on centerstand foot peg (or whatever it is.  The metal part that sticks out a few inches above the actual foot that makes contact with the ground).  Just lift a little with your right arm as you motion the bike back a little & bingo.  Shes up.

RobZ

Quote from: "BigDave"This took a few trial & error for me too.

Left hand on left grip.  Right hand on passenger peg bracket.  Right foot on centerstand foot peg (or whatever it is.  The metal part that sticks out a few inches above the actual foot that makes contact with the ground).  Just lift a little with your right arm as you motion the bike back a little & bingo.  Shes up.

If done corretly there is almost no effort involved. Be sure and put you weight on the center stand foot peg, a slight rock backwards and a gental lift with the right hand. Presto  :D

Pawk

I am soooo glad I asked the question.

It is so easy.   :D/  :D/  :D/

I used to loathe chain maintenence.

Thanks for the replies

nomad

My problem is getting it off the centerstand. Any suggestions?

Peter Melnyk

[I have droped my new tiger twice .once trying to get it on the stand and again taking it off the stand. the bike fell away to the offside and both times I had the panniers on .My last bike was a BMW 1100 gs , boy! putting that heavier bike on the stand was a breeze compared to this baby. must have something to do with good basic engineering instead of oh! we forgot to stick on a stand put it there that will do.

blacktiger

I tried the "BigDave Method" this weekend and can not believe how easy it is!.

I used to hate trying to get the damn thing up on the stand. I even managed to chip my garage floor!

Now it comes up even easier than my old Nighthawk.

Thanks!

:D

BMSBIKE
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

raych

Agreed, it comes up easy-peasy when done as Big Dave describes.  I find the only awkward bit is getting my foot on to the centre stand lever - it seems to be right behind the pillion footrest bars.  I have to push it down with my foot on the stand's side-bar, then wiggle my foot on to the lever while the springs are trying to lift the stand up again.