News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Morro Bay, CA to Monterey,CA (on the GS...sorry)

Started by BigDave, November 05, 2003, 11:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

Nice Pics Dave...

uh don't want to get you too upset ... but ...

I noticed a slight drop of oil on the lower left engine casing... probably nothing..yet!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

MarkF

Is that an Adventurer?  How would you compare it to the Tiger in terms of power and height?  PLease comment on the brakes.  Does that model have integrated or partially integrated power assisted brakes?

MarkF :shock:
MarkF

\"I\'d rather be riding...\"

Cache

Yeah BigDave, I'd be interested in hearing more about your new ride.  Did you get the non-ABS, Adventure w/bigger tank and better 1st gear?  What is she like, do tell...
\"Ah but fortunately... I have the key, to escape reality\" - John Prine

BigDave

Quote from: "MarkF"Is that an Adventurer?  How would you compare it to the Tiger in terms of power and height?  PLease comment on the brakes.  Does that model have integrated or partially integrated power assisted brakes?

MarkF :shock:

Power:

Even though I am still in the run-in stage, I can already tell that (and knew ahead of time) that there is no comparison on raw enginge power, torque and speed.  The Tiger wins hands down.  That being said, the BMW isn't probably that far behind.  Its just that is sounds tame and the redline is way under the Tiger.  So, some of that may be a perception.

Height:

It feels (and is) higher than the Tiger, but my feet are planted on the ground easier as the seat is more narrow than my Corbin was on the Tiger.

Brakes:

I gueass they are partially integrated.  The brakes are wonderful.  I do feel safer on the street while braking on the GS.  You just pull back as hard as you need to and these things grab hard.

The suspension is the biggest difference I have noticed so far.  TOTALLY different over bumps and especially corners.  The front does not dive at all as you fly around corners with no effort involved.

BigDave

Quote from: "Cache"Yeah BigDave, I'd be interested in hearing more about your new ride.  Did you get the non-ABS, Adventure w/bigger tank and better 1st gear?  What is she like, do tell...

All Adventures are ABS.

Yes, it has the 8 gallon tank, & lower first.

On the Tiger, I felt like zipping around everywhere.  I mean really running through the gears, red-lining & basically hauling ass 80% of the time.  The BMW gives you more of a laid-back feel.  Commuting, I have found myself riding more like I drive a car.  Just putting along.  I don't seem to mind.  It feels OK doing that.

tenpaq

Great ride Dave, awesome pic`s, especialy the bike. Did you get a paint job or something?
\"If you can`t get hurt, skip it!\"

2004 Silver Tiger

tenpaq

Great ride Dave, awesome pic`s, especialy the bike. Did you get a paint job or something?
\"If you can`t get hurt, skip it!\"

2004 Silver Tiger