News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The New Tiger Rocks!

Started by herbie53, February 02, 2007, 12:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "Eric"Different rides, different roads, different distances. That said, if I had room and money I'd have a Ducati GT and maybe a H-D Road King, but probably wouldn't have an 07 Tiger.

A quality product is still a quality product!

Well said, Eric

I'd have one of each brand.  When it comes to HD, I'd have to go with the Street Rod.  Like the german motor and power.

Also, as I've said before, when it comes to the off-road capabilites of ANY adventure tourer only one excells far beyond the average: KTM 950.  I've ridden the beast off-road and it is absoutely phenomenal what an average dirt-biker can do with that machine.  It really sucks on-road though.  So what do you want? Where do you ride?
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

William Reber

:P Great picture , in the looks department The 4 cyl Indian and the bike you have on your wish list are tops by me. Followed  by my Tiger and a GS 1200 BMW, If I had The HD and The Indian they would be kept as show bikes and riden on Sunday afternoons around town & wax on, wax  off, for the rest the Tiger is my ride.

Mudhen

Quote from: "Patrick the Scot"Also, as I've said before, when it comes to the off-road capabilites of ANY adventure tourer only one excells far beyond the average: KTM 950.  I've ridden the beast off-road and it is absoutely phenomenal what an average dirt-biker can do with that machine.  It really sucks on-road though.  So what do you want? Where do you ride?

I ride on the pavement 130 miles/day during the week, and on 2-track on the weekends.  And don't want to try to guess at how much pavement vs offroad I may get into on any given ride.  The Steamer very well may be the best bike ever made for that, I guess...if the 950 is as bad as you say it is on the street.

That's why I hate what Triumph did with the '07.  I was hoping they would get rid of the issues with the 955 in the dirt (the ones they felt the need to put the disclaimer in the owners manual about) and have a great all around bike.

Hopefully a 675 is on its way...or a 1050 Adventure...
\'96 Steamer

herbie53

Hey all, I have loved reading all of the posts on the new Tiger. Since I am the one who started the whole thing after my test ride and said it rocks, I feel somewhat responsible as to what follwed.  It is a great bike. As was the old Tiger, the old Sprint the new Sprint,  an old Bonnie and a new one, and so on and so on. One of the things I enjoy about or local RAT pack is that not once have I ever heard someone slag another about what kind of bike they enjoy. We get BMW's and Harleys and Guzzis and all sorts of bike out to our rides. It is all good. Which is a lot different than a couple of other clubs I have belonged to. For instance, I was a member of a Brit car club once where the members all thought only "TR" based Triumphs should be allowed. Didn't leave much room for me and my Spitfire. Or the local Triumph motorcycle club who gladly cashed my membership check but then gave me grief when I showed up on my new Bonnie. Wasn't a real welcoming group I tell ya.  They felt the world stopped spinning around 1970 or so.

I ordered a new Tiger, can't wait for it to arrive. I love my 2000 Spint, and my '04 Bonnie. Sure the new one might not be able to travel with my buddy up into the mountains of Colorado with him on his GS, but its all good anyway. As for a nick name?  Well one of the previous posts said they should call the new Tiger "Pussy". And that is what I'm nicknaming my new Tiger...Pussy!  After all, who wouldn't want to ride a pussy hard??!!!  Take care you guys!