News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The "dragon rally"

Started by malc, February 12, 2007, 08:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malc

Hello all ive just defrosted so thought I would nip along & tell you our story.

After numerous phonecalls on friday night it was decided to hold back until 11 am & see what the roads/weather is going to be like saturday morning.

saturday morning we woke to this outside my house

but after walking around to the main road & finding out it was clear numerous phonecalls was made & out came tigger we met up with the others & set off for buxton.

The road over to buxton was 2 tyre tracks in the snow but out on the main roads it was clear the cat & fiddle was clear but the snaw was piled high where the snow plough had been thru.

We dropped into macclesfield & I could not belive it there was "NO SNOW" we made good time down to north wales @ the top of the the a55 where the snow,mist & cold returned  (heated grips on full)

Down to the bottom side of bangor & we had blue skies & sunshine it was great.

We then arrived @ the rally site (anglsey showground) where we pitched up tent,s on a very muddy field & checked out the bikes we then went & got our badge,s soup,whisky & chocolate.

We then went & filled up on beer & it rained all night but wasnt cold belive it or not.

There was a wide & varied array of bikes there.

We was up early sunday morning so packed up & set off for home we had a better run home than going but this is what it was like near the cat & fiddle

got home & a 3 hour major clean up operation ensued was it worth it?OH YES would we do it again? ask me in september.

A toital of 4 loonies attended 2 tigers 1 vfr 800 & a buell ulysees. more pics soon Malc
its grrreaaattttttttt

Mudhen

NICE!!!  Loonies is right - what were the temps?

What sort of tent/sleeping bag did you have - 4 season tent/0 degree bag, etc...seems like I'm always freezing even in fall weather here...

Pat
\'96 Steamer

gatling

Great report; thank you for sharing your photos with us.
Gatling

www.motofoto.cc

2006 KLR 650

2006 Tiger