News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What I swapped my 955 for

Started by Bushwhacker, April 02, 2007, 04:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bushwhacker

I got the ABS version and I am happy with it.  

Like some others have mentioned the ergonomics did not quite fit me.  I found myself sliding forward on the seat for more comfort.

I put a set of Rox Risers and it make a big difference.

Would also like to see them make a sport screen and I may decide to lower it at some point (I need about an inch to flat foot), but other than that I am happily adding all the bits everyone wants and I am happy with the Bike.

When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue

J. Breeze

Beautiful! The availability of ABS may be the tipping point that would get me to replace the 2002. Scorched yellow, of course.

Stretch

I was looking hard, hard, hard at the 1050's, but decided I wanted the offroad abilities of a Girly.  I already have a street bike.

But the 1050 is one bee-yoo-tiful mo-chine

Congrats!

Uh... what's with the little bell near the chin spoiler?

PM out to you, by the way...

William Reber

:D  Nice looking ride , The white looks real good. Enjoy your new ride ! Are you going to bag it out ?

Bushwhacker

Quote from: "Stretch"Uh... what's with the little bell near the chin spoiler?

http://www.gremlinbells.com/

-
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

Advwannabe

The white one is sweet Bushwhacker, well done

Has anyone ridden a 1050 down a dirt road yet? With the lighter wieight and riding position you'd think it would be pretty good even with the small front wheel.

My dealer has no plans for a demo - yet  :(

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Stretch

A gremlin (or is it anti- gremlin) bell.  Gotcha.

TigerTrax

Bill, Nice looking ride !

I'm sure it is close to being perfect for you.....

Hope we'll see you down the road!

TigerTrax
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

kiwitiger

mmmm, after seeing the 1050 in the black,blue, yellow and white and alll in the flesh. My choice is definitely the white. Really sets it off.

After riding a demo 1050 on sunday - its like comparing two totally different bikes with the same name and don't think they should be compared. I was impressed with the midrange and handling, wind deflection (i'm 5'9") and smoothness etc. All in all a bloody nice bike.

Call me old fashioned or what but i liked the 955 riding position better and so did the girlfriend. I reckon you sit more IN the 955 rather than ON the 1050. May be its going from a 19 to a 17" front wheel. She said she got more wind than the 955. To me it was akin to riding a speed triple with higher bars and a fairing.

What would i have done in triumphs shoes ? - put a 1050 in the hole where there currently sits a 955,and  changed the shape of tank and fairing.  Now that would be classy. Good fuel range, mid range and grin range.

Bushwhacker

Quote from: "kiwitiger"its like comparing two totally different bikes with the same name and don't think they should be compared.

I agree.  I had decided I wanted a more road oriented bike and back in July 2006 had  put the 955 up for sale and bought a Multistrada, which I was happy with.

Unfortunately on a trip to the Grand Canyon a camper cut me off and I totaled the Multi.

I had every intention of replacing the Multi with another but about this time the new Multi 1100 was about to hit the streets so I waited.

then the reviews for the new Tiger started coming out and I liked what I saw.

The two main factors that swayed me to the Tiger over the Multi were the Triumph Triple engine and the ABS brakes.

I still had the 955 and a shoulder injury from the Multi wipeout was going to keep me from riding for several months, so I went down in October and swapped the 955 for the 1050 ABS model.  The Dr. Released me for normal activity on March 27th and I picked up the bike on March 29th.

My girlfriend's idea of the perfect Motorcycle ride is about 10 miles to breakfast on a quiet cool Sunday morning and then she is good until the next Perfect Sunday morning 6 months later.  Once in April and once in October, otherwise it is too cold or too hot.  So pillion comfort really is not a factor for me.

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS