News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bent rims

Started by Lucifertiger, December 10, 2003, 11:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifertiger

I have a 2003 Tiger with 9,000kms on it. Just before I changed my first rear I had the bike on the centre stand and was cleaning the wheel and noticed there was a flat spot on the rim on both sides wotha kink on one side. I do ride the bike pretty hard but I don't think it would have been bad enough to put a flat spot on both sides of the rim. My mexhanic said when replacing the tyre said it was the worst rim he had ever seen and the weld was third rate and you can see the braising on both sides of the rim where the weld is. I would like to know if there are any other cases similar to mine? before I go to the dealer and complain

Gazza :twisted:

BigDave

YIKES!

You don't even remeber doing that?  I had one REAL rough day in rocks on the Tiger and the rims came out just fine.....can't say that for the oil cooler lines or bash plate though.

Quote from: "Lucifertiger"My mexhanic said when replacing the tyre said it was the worst rim he had ever seen and the weld was third rate and you can see the braising on both sides of the rim where the weld is. I would like to know if there are any other cases similar to mine? before I go to the dealer and complain

Gazza :twisted:

!st a technical point :- you can't braize alluminium.

Other than that, if the manufacture of it really is that bad then YES do take it back. That's what the warranty is for.